Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

There’s not enough for a good size tech tree, and Canada is not sub tree.

Hence the Canada with ANZAC sub-tree I’ve been pushing. It would help Canada’s weakest spot late jet age.

1 Like

The most wonderful of ideas.
Most unfortunate that I can’t like another comment for an hour :')

Read down a little.

Ahh you meant standalone. Yes they could potentially struggle standalone but they’d be somewhat the same size as Israel is now (not what Israel could be particularly if you include captured stuff but Gaijin seem to be fine with Israel as it is).

As a combined tree they’d be better and they’d certainly make a great subtree. But equally they’ve already been split now.

I can see what you mean, still my personal opinion is that if they want to continue adding Canadian vehicles they should either do it as an ANZAC tree, or just stop. Perhaps they could go to the UK but I dislike seeing them split up.

1 Like

memes the memes : (

I wouldn’t have had a problem with Canada being a British sub nation, however South Africa is the only sub tree in my opinion that isn’t horrible, and before that I would have much preferred an indigenous light tank line.

Personally, it’s not fun having your MBT speak a language your nation doesn’t speak. or the AA system that was used with it be somewhere also or your famed Cruiser Tanks be in a tree without infantry tanks to fight alongside.

Canada(like SA) could 100% stand on their own however with it to be done in a way the ANZACs could come as a Sub-tree at a later point would also be nice as it would give them the much-needed home over the current horrible status quo.

I agree with that, but they also could do with not half-assing South Africa, they’ve done the exact opposite of what was needed an integrated a SA ground tree where Britain had options, and not done it for the air line where the UK hasn’t really got anything meta (until top tier) but SA would have done.

Still, very unfortunate with what they’ve done for Canada. Although sometimes I think they should put South Africa with Israel and swap it for Canada in the British tree.

(I haven’t put much thought into that last part nobody bite me in the ass please)

1 Like

The South African sub tree is the exact opposite of half-arsed (the Finnish air sub tree that has no Finnish planes is half-arsed) and there isn’t enough room for a South African air sub tree.

Disclaimer!!! Don't Watch This If You Are Faint Hearted

https://youtu.be/4O8tH94RENk

1 Like

Speaking of… why don’t we just give F-22A and F-35A to Russia? Ukraine considered using them afterall and they can be added as a sub-tree for USSR…

Spoiler

obvious /s

1 Like

Only if America can get the Su-57. After all, the Su-57 has screws, and some screws are made in America.

2 Likes

Finland isn’t as new and yes it’s also half-assed, more half-assed even. I should have specified the air-line.

Yes its pretty much devoid of props, but i’d also point out the only Finnish jets not in the game are variants of Swedish jets or British jets not even in the British tree…

I don’t mean a tree but more just more SAAF vehicles.

I have some grievances with this. Not with you personally but I at least think Gaijin has picked the absolute worst selection of British aircraft possible. For instance the worst Vampire in the game, the worst (and first) Hunter, 2 harriers which are the same plane with different dates slapped on?

If they cut out the crap they could at least add in more, sure no full line, but at least some capability fills.

New America rank 10 premium.

“Finland isn’t as new”
I have absolutely no idea why you think this.

“Yes, it’s pretty much devoid of props”
It’s not pretty much devoid of them, it’s devoid of them completely.

“I don’t mean a tree but more just more SAAF vehicles”
This has already been done with JAS39C.

Pyorremyrsky, Fokker, B-239, Hurricane, Bf-109. They have as many fighters per rank as Sweden.

IIRC SA was 2021, Finland was 2022.

Once, at top tier, after 2-3 years with the same top tier fighter where vehicles like the Cheetah, F1CZ, etcetera fill the gap between 9.7 and 11.3 (if you even class vehicles like the Hunter f.6 as decent fighters).

So yes, I do think the implementation of SA has been rather tone-deaf/shoddy/half-assed or whatever. You can argue Finland and Hungary are more-so but that doesn’t mean both cannot be true simultaneously.

Edit:on the ‘not as new note’ apparently I forgot how to English, I meant not as old

“Pyorremyrsky, Fokker, B-239, Hurricane, Bf-109. They have as many fighters per rank as Sweden.”
I thought you were only referring to Finnish vehicles. Also, the Pyorremyrsky should not be counted due being a premium.

“IIRC SA was 2021, Finland was 2022.”
Yes, meaning that South Africa isn’t as new, not Finland.

As for point three, that’s subjective, and thus I have nothing to say on it.

I was referring to vehicles that fly under the Finnish flag and would otherwise not be in the tree.

Fair enough.

That was my mistake, I meant not as old, as in SA would therefore have had more time to be developed and therefore should, in theory, be larger.

Anyway, I suspect AMRAAM for the next major update, IIRC the word is one of the first two major updates of the year. To counter AMRAAM there is the option of the R-77, I doubt the R27EA as kinematically its an ER on a few steroids with an ARH Seeker and should I believe be better than the early R77.

1 Like