Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

It says it before the photo of the su20

I thing some Mod even (confirmed) a new german fighter for 2024 will search it however…
Edit: Found It

So, that seems to confirm what I was initially saying, that it was part of a research program or the general familiriazation NATO countries have with each other’s aircraft, in this case to look to other types to see what can be learned for future aircraft design.

F4 ICE and suffer

i kms

But the F20 they were seeing if they should get it it not really clear if those were just looking at cockpit and i don’t think you to test fly a plane to know the cockpit lay out

So I think we can agree that the source is actually not very good, at least for what we’re trying to establish here.

why is it not good? lmao
you decide it isnt or what?

The thing is you actually do. JA37Di version of the Viggen (for example) existed for this exact reason. It featured english cockpit specifically for interoperability with NATO.

Cause it sort of vague if the F/A18 testing was to see how it worked verse buying it
one page is says the testing was to look at the cockpit the other says the F20 wasn’t fit for the Luftwaffe its not concrete

Because it doesn’t help answer the question being posed.

I’m not saying it’s not a good source overall, just saying that it doesn’t seem to help when it comes to establishing why the Germans tested the F/A-18, as in one part it mentions that it’s done to learn from its cockpit layout, whereas in another it mentions it was part of the F-20 testing which was not satisfactory for the Luftwaffe, without clarifying what the Luftwaffe was doing testing it.

and these parts are sandwich between the Su20 the tested

Haha yeah, that’s why I hadn’t even read it, I assumed they wouldn’t be mentioning it before the Su-20.

I don’t see the point in arguing about the german tested planes. Gaijin does whatever gaijin thinks is right. In the end they add the MBB Lampyridae and break their rules again just because they can

2 Likes

F15 F16 F18 F20 were tested by the Luftwaffe WTF61 unit to evaluate and test US combat aircraft, that is already explained in the picture i posted and where i pinged you

1 Like

The Question is why were they doing that

Too see what would be a suitable replacement before they had the Typhoons I think.

because germany needed a new plane,germany was ready to buy F15 but it wouldve taken too long so they went with the F4 ICE bc they needed something ASAP

F4 ICE was a stopgap

2 Likes

Yes, but that’s not a reason for them to be included in the German tech tree.

The question is why they were testing them, and that’s the question because when Gaijin lowered the standards of inclusion by adding the Mi-28 and the Apache to the Swedish tech tree, they did so by arguing that the countries were testing them in order to potentially purchase them.

If the Germans were testing the Hornet just to check out its cockpit layout and learn lessons for future fighter development, that hardly fits the criteria for inclusion within the German tech tree.

A lot of if in your posts man

the criteria is Evaluated, which the Mi28 and the AHS (lol) or T80 fulfill, as well as the tested US planes by the Luftwaffe

also interesting how you wanna decide what addition makes sense or not since its not your damn business, we can just speculate what will do