Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

for gaijin is really damn simple if the jet can use determined armament they would put that armament no matter what for gaijin this is not a problem and you should know this.

Not sure tbh. Currently 7Ms aren’t worth bringing over 9Ms, because the multipath effect is exaggerated and makes them miss every time. Early amraams will have worse kinematic performance, with the benefit of datalink/active seeker. So whilst they’ll be an improvement overall, I don’t think it will be enough to justify a BR gap. Not when we see how much GJN likes to keep compression.

and whats the matter with that man?? you can understand that the jet is capable of USING ALL NATO ARMAMENT ON IT? what part of what am saying you are not understanding? this is not a matter of what the south african air force used as air to air missile this is a matter of keep the things balanced.

we see when they add them how well they do but i think their be a riot if 11.3 has to face AMRAAMS

Not always the case. Otherwise the Italian and German Tornados would have the same loadout as the British ones.

For the British TT. We may keep the Gripen C in its current state to keep a 12.3, with others to fulfill the ARH role with stuff like the FA2, F3 AOP and maybe a CF-18. With the typhoon coming as a top tier fighter soonish.

That being said it might get ARH to keep It going if Typhoon is unfairly delayed

A wise man once said: don’t believe anything until razervon has denied it.

4 Likes

It can use AIM-9M just as well. Tbh current state of SAAF JAS39C is actually the closest we can get to its IRL state without giving it IRIS-T.

Sorry, no offense to anyone, but i just have to XD this.

3 Likes

well put the idea in your mind that we will see the SAAF Gripen with amraams because is part of the NATO armament that the jet can use.

1 Like

no i won’t do that

This is how I think rank 9 will work for the US.

2 Likes

Can SAAF use AIM-120 tho?

Niether gripen used Skyflash, but they could mount them (not sure if guide), and here we are…

1 Like

it would happen mytho and you shouldn´t be against this because it would cause a trouble for the SAAF Gripen if they keep it the way it is right now.

I mean they might be restricted from using AIM-120. Yk how it goes with US export policy

Yes!!! Again: It can use it because is part of the NATO armament avaible for the JET! is simple as that.

TBH i have no idea.

What trouble? It sits comfortably at 12.3 BR and provides good cas for GRB while also being a nice and fun jet for ARB.

Why wouldn’t we ? We’re already seeing preparations to introduce anti-radiation missiles to air battles, which have an even more limited use case than AShM 's there. It 's not at all improbable that the objective reworks could include higher numbers of ship targets for antiship weapons, in addition to the other new target types.

Plus there 's the evidence for the SH 37 Viggen in the files, PS-371.

Source?