Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

TBH i have no idea.

What trouble? It sits comfortably at 12.3 BR and provides good cas for GRB while also being a nice and fun jet for ARB.

Why wouldn’t we ? We’re already seeing preparations to introduce anti-radiation missiles to air battles, which have an even more limited use case than AShM 's there. It 's not at all improbable that the objective reworks could include higher numbers of ship targets for antiship weapons, in addition to the other new target types.

Plus there 's the evidence for the SH 37 Viggen in the files, PS-371.

Source?

What it can use, not sure what from all those things it used.

That’s Gripen NG I’m afraid

1 Like

properly but i can tell you it definitely can’t use skyflash as only one early gripen A prototype maybe as it doesn’t have a cw illuminator

No need to apologize, and this is a better way of viewing it, we all have unconscious biases that inform the way we expect the game to play.

It’s their game, their rules…

Because you (Gaijin) may be right, but paradoxically, the customer is always right, at least in the US and parts of Europe. I think there’s a massive cultural gulf here that they may only understand when it becomes transactional, which is exactly how the steam bomb communicated many player’s discontent.

1 Like

Nope, not yet…
Yes, US tech tree has surprisingly high amount of rank 8 planes, total of 6 compared to 4 or 3 of some other nations and said nations need more additions if rank 9 was the case
Also hot take, medium range ARH missiles should come on “worse” jets like F-4F ICE, AV-8B Plus and SHar FA.2

Yeah that where is should stay as unlike USA and USSR we don’t have two 12.3s

That I know. As I said in my later comment I meant SAAF as irl user. I’m not sure if they aren’t restricted from even buying the AIM-120 irl.

No one is denying that the Gripen can use AMRAAM.

The SAAF didn’t equip theirs with any and as such, they may decide not to give them any in game. Though they also couldn’t fire Skyflash DFs so… No one knows.

From a game perspective, they may choose not to give it AMRAAM. I give it a 50/50 chance either way and it entirely depends on when we get Typhoon.

Gripen C at 12.3 without AMRAAM and then Typhoon at 13.0 with AMRAAM would be good for our tree. Moving the Gripen C up just for AMRAAM might not be worth it, especially as we don’t have any other 12s at the moment. It would leave a huge gap at the moment

1 Like

and CF-18 at 12.7 with AIM-120B and AIM-9M ))

the Brazilian air force use the Gripen with IRIS-T, AMRAAMS and Derbys for example and they tested/fired the Python-4/5 from it.

My point exactly but i don’t think we are getting the EFT any time soon

Or even just Sea Harrier FA2 at 12.3 with Aim120Bs and Tornado F3 AoP at 12.7 with Aim-120Cs would do.

CF-18 might be needed as well

1 Like

Brazilian Gripens are in E/F variant tho

1 Like

depends on if they grace us with a pre production typhoon

Yep, also if our usual 2 or 3 aircraft per year if we are lucky holds true. I don’t want to take up one of those slots with the CF-18. It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but we aren’t US/USSR where we can expect 7 or 8 aircraft per year.

I still really want the FA2 and GR4

is it ok to share(for bug report) a completed tender which has restricted markings on it? I mean completed tenders are usually considered as unrestricted.