Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I guess if this Friday first blog, then just under a week later the teaser is quite common.
You know something we don’t or just a guess?

It was revealed to us in a dream, just like previous teaser dates.

2 Likes

However, it is clear that we are too late now, November 1st is the anniversary event, October 31st is the last update date, and there needs to be at least 6 days before the official update of the dev server shutdown for gaijin to deal with bugs and unfinished content, and the dev server is often open for 5 days, and further forward, this week should be popcorn time

Seems plausible. Your dream have any good stock picks?

No, only spaded picks

Ok what shall I spade that doesn’t get a better version next patch?

idk, I predict teasers, not updates or their contents

1 Like

The next step in crackhead vehicles is Humvee TOW and equivalents for every country.

3 Likes

I’d actually love that

1 Like

8 Likes

We’ve had this fake one here twice already

it’s possible tho, and tomorrow is also a possible day for the first blog

im just surprised Yukari33 is so silent

2 Likes

So…
They aren’t copy paste and at the same time… They are?
Technically all of them are copy pastes, only thing different are skins

Friday is the most common day for first blogs, followed by Tuesday. But all of those dates don’t happen in isolation, there are a lot of factors that contribute to it behind the scenes.

The magic date that would let us make the predictions more accurately would be the release of the update itself, but obviously we don’t know that.

By far, the latest start of Devblogs for the fourth major update of the year was New Power, with blogs starting on October 20th (the fourth week of the month) and the update releasing on the November 17th (the third week of the month). New power was also a huge update with the swap to Dagor 6.0, the naval research split, dreadnoughts, VTOLs, and the new hangar. The only updates with more devblogs than New Power are the ones that added new nations to the game.

The current update cycle is, as it currently stands, the second-latest after New Power.

We don’t have enough data to safely infer that “because the devblog season is late, therefore big update” but it is an interesting data point nonetheless.

5 Likes

-0-
WHERE IS MY DEV GAIJIN
IoI
Mondays are also available

1 Like

November updates are rather slim as well, they are meant to coincide with the anniversary, and gets more mechanic-based stuff into the game. Reference the Ice and Fire and Kings of Battle for example, they dont have a lot of new stuff, especially those who are played a lot in the current iteration of the game.
The two relevant machines from Kings of Battle now is probably the wide putin tank and F-111A, and then partially leopard bofors.

Don’t forget about my boy Type 81

1 Like

I have literally no idea it was from KOB, thought it was from AS or smth

Kings of Battle added the Vickers Mk 11. UK’s first amphibious ground vehicle in the game.

It’s not as simple as saying that the fourth major update (October/November) is “always smaller” or “is mostly copy+paste” or “only adds one major/relevant vehicle”. Basically each one of those generalizations is inaccurate in at least one way.

“Always smaller” Not at all. As I mentioned previously, New Power was one of the largest updates to the game. Fire and Ice added more vehicles than many “larger” updates, though most were copy and paste.

“mostly copy paste” Again not always true. Kings of Battle and Fire and Ice had a lot of copy and paste additions but I don’t think you can really classify Ground Breaking or Shark Attack like that, and again, New Power is an exception here with multiple new vehicle classes.

“Only one major/relevant vehicle” It’s impossible to define what a “major” or “relevant” vehicle is. Obviously there are vehicles that people are looking forward to and get hyped up (right now, the F/A-18 and Eurofighter would be good examples), and there are vehicles that push the meta forward, but what vehicles will end up making a big impact on the game is unclear until the update comes out and we can see how they perform in-game. Even relatively unknown support vehicles can go a long way to improving struggling lineups.