Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up & Discussion (Part 1)

I’m waiting for this:
images

8 Likes

I’m not saying they didn’t work, I’m saying they were strange ideas

1 Like

he-274 is a better choice

they also can add this bomber to france too cuz france took it after war

able to carry 4,000 kg bombs

3 Likes

Was A-150 ever laid down? I thought it never left the planning stage

1 Like

This is not the place to discuss this however I don’t really like what I read here. So if you’re really interested in Operation Catapult, I encourage you to read the book “The Fleet that faced both ways” by Anthony Heckstall Smith. It’s eye opening, especially in the way it shows the British responsability in that disaster and it gives you a very clear answer as to why none of what the British proposed were acceptable in any shape or form, and why this entire operation was a total fiasco from start to finish. Not to mention that the guy got to interview the main actors of the time, like Sommerville and North, back when they were still alive.

2 Likes

Can I ask is why is the Ki-200 still at 8.7 with Mig-21, F-104 and lightings ?

1 Like
1 Like

Only if we finally get b29s with 10000 pound bombs.

2 Likes

heh, i’m always down for a bit of reading, and moreover i’d rather be corrected by someone a bit less amateur than me.
thanks for the recommend!

1 Like

If we’re going to talk about fantasy planes for Japan…

My understanding is that it was never seriously considered for production

1 Like

The KX-03 is an interesting project, but the Japanese would not be able to produce it due to its size

IJN Zipang and Yamato
japans-1912-ultra-dreadnought-project-ijn-zipang-yamato-for-v0-ubqhzxuxusrb1

6 Likes

You say this immediately before suggesting a star destroyer.

1 Like
2 Likes

Both of these designs are equal. The KX-03 and IJN Zipang were crazy designs that couldn’t be made

Fiat is a WW1 superheavy but still a superheavy, at least there is always the P40 with 90mm tank gun proposal.

Edit: I just saw it means superheavy bombers, well there is the Z511 but not quite superheavy

1 Like

Man, what is it with Axis powers and wanting to strike New York?
That being said, it was build (if not armed), it flew, and it is less insane than I thought (“only” 4 manned Torpedos), hope to see it ingame!

1 Like

Only the Germans and Italians wanted to destroy New York. The Japanese wanted to destroy everything else. New York was a symbol of the USA, so it was an obvious target of the attack. And so the Japanese were the only ones who bombed the USA during WW2, only they used a small seaplane (I think E14)

IIRC it bombed oregon but it was in the woods, only one civilian was killed.

So it was a success for the Great Imperial Navy, a huge blow to the USA. An incomparable victory compared to American B-29 operations