Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Oh no… It’s so uncomfortable, it’s better to get high resolution together
Blurry footage drives me crazy、、、、

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/i82S6p4QuDGq

Nah supposed to be fixed soonish, maybe next mayor

1 Like

Why do you insist on saying this every time you talk about US battleships? I’ve told you a dozen times that reload speed doesn’t change until North Carolina, and it isn’t really a problem unless you fire all your guns at the same time. And there are nations with less AP filler (and flat out worse armor penetration), to the extent that the US is about in the middle. Whining about it wont change either of these things.
While it is stupid that Germany received not just another top tier ship, and an incomplete one at that, you whining about America when there are demonstrably worse nations (FRANCE, Britain) just makes you sound like an entitled crybaby.

5 Likes

Oh yeah~~~ that‘s good

And what does this have to do with the next major update?

1 Like

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/off-topic-discussion

1 Like

You guys have a navy ?

2 Likes

Buddy, my second most complete naval tree is France. Truly completing it has been a fate worse than death.

3 Likes

Brimstone :DDDDDDDDD

I wouldn’t mind 8 GBU + 2 9X, but without 120 with reduced BR for Germany
It would be possible to do this with F/A-18D, and F/A 18C as all together, but it is clear what br will be from this.

Looking at this photo and seeing the Aim 9L, I imagine how the unified IRIS-T approached these twin pylons and wingtips. + there will still be 8 Aim-120 (although not a big problem for developers), the fact that Switzerland did not use Aim-120A,B, but immediately flew with Aim120C-7

Lovely picture.

Well at least it’s not like you have a lot of ships to unlock for now :/

Britain, worse than America?

I mean, I haven’t played HMS Hood yet, but, from what I’ve seen, it doesn’t instantly blow up as soon as it’s glanced at because all of its ammo is on the barbettes and above the waterline. (And I don’t even carry 1/4 of the full ammo capacity in an attempt at reducing the ammo detonation chances)

And I think a modernised Colorado-class would be fine in spite of the slow reload; at least it would still have better firepower and survivability than the BBs we currently have.

And I would even dare say, at this point… why not just go with a North Carolina already? Other nations are probably getting larger and better ships soon too anyway.

France we don’t even have something similar to every other 7.0 :(

Hope we gonna get one or 2 Dunkerque class before everybody got already bigger ships, and in that case hope we could follow not so late with some Richelieu class.

Yep, hope France gets something next update!

1 Like

Bad hope on that, 2 update since French navy, they added one copy past ship with crew that still talk English, and removed 2 ships.

1 Like

Britain has one 7.0 and one 6.7. The US has 2 7.0s and 3 6.7s one of which could be 7.0 just fine. Yes, Britain is worse off by a lot. Not to mention in the French tree we only have TWO battleships.

Oh gee I don’t know, maybe because skipping the natural progression of several trees just because you’re having trouble with the 2nd or 3rd best tree is stupid. Nagato, Nelson, and Colorado coming together progresses three trees without completely jumping away from others (most of which literally have nothing between what they currently have and their next, usually final, battleship)

2 Likes

In fact Litening II it’s 2nd gen targeting pod for F-16C Block 30, F-16C Block 50, AV-8B Night attack (USMC) and AV-8B Plus (USMC & Marina Militare)

I guess it might be Tornado IDS ASSTA 3.1 equipped 3rd generation targeting pod Rafael Litening III

1 Like

You keep talking about numbers but not about quality. I would rather get a single competitive BB than 3 mediocre BBs.

Also, it doesn’t matter if US has 5- you can only spawn 3 anyway.

Like they did with Hyuga? Like they did with Scharnhorst? Like they did with Bayern and Hood?

The issue with the 15 inch ships in game (and not just Britain, but Britain does have the most) is they “balanced” them by adding a massive amount of shell dispersal. Enough that, at a perfectly reasonable range (about 12km ish) it is entirely possible for your entire salvo to miss because of shell dispersal (shells landing either side of the target)

Despite IRL, the 15 inch guns on the Hood being some of the most accurate in the world at the time.

So whilst the Hood can tank a hit. It cant always dish it out. It also doesnt have any HE shells which means dealing with lighter targets can be very hard and some ships like the Scharnhorst cant actually be penned by the Hood, nor can you sink her via hull-breaching with HE