Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Early EF are more interceptor/air superiority than CAS platform afaik.

yea

You guys have to be really …special to keep talking about something that was directly denied for being too advanced. And not only that also talking about things that are more advanced than the Typhoon.

can we not look forward to stuff that we are going to get down the line know one here thinks it coming next update

Yay more Harriers more Tornados vs Gripen and F/A-18s ect

Here is the wishlist thread:

and here is the Off-Topic thread:

4 Likes

i know

You can in the appropriate thread.

It’s called the next major update rumor roundup for a reason.

1 Like

I know the tornado CSP adds the ability to carry the ASRAAM and the AMRAAM but does it do anything else? such as a HMD?

I’m not sure, but I believe the brits didn’t really give a shit about HMD in their two seaters

Imagine if RIO got HMD instead of the pilot.Then the pilot can fly the jet while RIO can deal with enemy jets

2 Likes

I think it could have been a revolutionary decision.

Yeah, from what I can tell they only started using HMD with the introduction of the Typhoon to improve the ASRAAMs performance
I assume they believed the RIOs wouldn’t need HMDs as they weren’t pre-occupied with piloting the jet, plus depending on the jet the RIO would most likely not have good enough vision from the backseat to make much use of a HMD

That’s true

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets added someday, a long with a more modern Z-10 perhaps…

1 Like

Since very first F.3s Tornado had ability to move Sidewinder seeker with a little joystick in the cockpit. Imo it should be added as HMD but well.

I mean, they could just call that mechanic RIO, what else is that co-pilot there for anyways?

I’m talking about actual joystick for the pilot, not for RIO.

yes

Ah hell nah, I imagine they would probably end up having us manually control that seeker cue using keybinds instead of giving us a fake HMD based on that