Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

It has been confirmed that one it being worked on, so no, you are incorrect.

Both the Type 81 C and Type 11 of the JGSDF are confirmed to be able to operate on their own with a KCU device that, in my opinions, is no more of a stretch than the Soviet MLRS trucks getting adjustable suspension and operating the launcher from the cab. The only difference is that SAM is actually needed for a healthy game while these were not.

Additionally there is a Type 11 launcher mounted to a trailer that can in theory be towed by the FCS vehicle, if this is still too much of a stretch for Gaijin. I don’t have the image on hand but it is somewhere in the Type 11 thread.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like multi-vehicle SPAA’s to be implemented only as the weapons vehicle, with general support vehicles found in both spawns that can be used by every member of the team within a certain radius of them.

On one hand, The Typhoons were made completely clean and the F-22s were purposefully given two full external fuel tanks to give the Typhoons a chance, since they couldn’t eek out a single kill in BVR or prior WVR exercises.

On the other hand, clearly this is justification the F-22 should come to the game before the Typhoon since clearly it must be inferior.

Either way it’s funny.

1 Like

Delete

That would be an interesting addition and very helpful, I was just trying to say that neither the Type 81 C nor the JGSDF Type 11 need a secondary vehicle to function, thus could be added already without needing Gajin to stretch it over as many years as they did. As for the launcher trailer, since it can likely work with KCU too, I would prefer it to be added to a launcher vehicle so that it carries 8 missiles instead of the fairly low amount of 4 it normally would.

1 Like

That’s what I’d like, too, however eventually we’ll get to the point that A2G out-ranges surface to air by quite a lot, so adding long range SAM vehicles like the Patriot will be necessary.

Oh?

For those I suggest this approach:

Spoiler

BN-UQ896_jkorea_OR_20170811234710
800px-Dolly_trailer
MIM-104_Patriot_Radar_unit_JASDF_Iruma_Airbase_2006-2
No such thing as too long vehicle

4 Likes

Tbh as much as Japan needs an SAM that’s not the main problem for the country it some way it needs a sub tree as, and some don’t wanna admit it, japan doesn’t have enough for a very packed top tier of unique vehicles.

Japan actually has quite a bit that can be added, and the SPAA situation is by far where Japan is struggling the most.

What does that say? I do not speak the Russians.

Russian jokes

I don’t mind admitting that at all, Japan does need it. While SAM can be fixed on their own CAS, various other holes and general amount of vehicles is lacking compared to others. But I guess I’m biased for really wanting the Thai subtree (especially the naval part)

Ach so.

Man adding thailand would probs be the only instance of the T84 added to the game…

Is it real?

Wait what? Is Rafale actually in the files?

1 Like