Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

It always makes me so sad that no Sea Lightning ever existed afaik, that thing would just be such a funi to fly. (same applies to the sweep wing/double engine gnats)

2 Likes

Hold the phone, they wanted to build wing sweep gnats?!?

The gnats would’ve had red-tops too, they would’ve been utterly fantastic, think Britain would be fielding an already better dog-fighter, with a semi-all aspect missile, at the same time as things like the CL13 and Mig-17…

They wanted to build them with afterburning engines, twin engines, they got very close to integrating red-tops onto some, they debated the addition of radar too.

I’m not sure why the Hunter was picked in the end given the sheer volume of developmental work done by Folland on integrating the latest and greatest technologies onto the Gnat, also the fact that the Gnat beat the Hunter in virtually every flight performance metric.

2 Likes

I love all these vehicles you posted mate but please spoiler these photos for the future as they are highly off topic

Sir, there is a topic for wishlisting
Please express your wishes there

EDIT: In the very first post of this topic it says:

However, please AVOID these types of discussions:
Wishlisting. Some examples:

• “I want the F-22 next update!”
  • “Gaijin where are these vehicles!!!” <lists 10 vehicles they want in the game>
1 Like

Though… Red Top Overhaul is due/Rumored, and that coming with another Red Top Carrier (like the sea lightning) would be a pretty good update and I hope we get sooner rather than later

Problem is
It’s paper only
AFAIK it wasn’t even partially built which would warrant it for game

For Top tier that is certainly a concern. But for lower tiers. Especially when the (i’d imagine) superior Lightning F6 already exist… I dont think paper planes are actually all that bad.

Paper vehicles aren’t bad, I wouldn’t want to be the one that has to balance paper vehicles tho

Not a huge amount to balance. Lightning F6, same radar ,same weapons, same engine increased weight due to sweep wing mechnaism and then just model the aerodynamics on that swept wing right is the only tricky bit.

Issue is this

What constitutes a paper/fictional vehicle:

• Vehicle only existed in blueprint/sketch drawing form
  • No major individual, vehicle-specific parts (i.e. guns, powerplants, etc.) of the vehicle were built
  • Vehicle is a completely made up, unofficial design created by an individual

What constitutes an (unfinished) prototype:

• Vehicle was (partially) constructed
  • Vehicle-specific parts (i.e. guns, powerplants, etc.) were built

Sure, you may raise the issue of F-16AJ
But Japan is in really difficult position, the next thing after EJ Kai is either F-15J or F-2. Neither of which game is really ready for yet.

We’ll get to the point where that rule has to drop at some time in the future, but yeah, right now only balancing emergencies like the F-16AJ would call for paper vehicles

1 Like

I suppose argument could be made that the Ligntning exists and this is just a prototype variant… and not a full new aircraft. but its definetly on the fence post. Certianly more Red Top carriers could be added though. Sea-Vixen FAW 20 or whatever variant with the built in rocket pods for example.

But in the absence of top tier, I’d take some interesting low tier stuff.

There’s still plenty of vehicles which were built.
Be it full serial production, limited production run or prototypes only.
Unbuilt (aka full paper) vehicles should be last last option

1 Like

There is XF-2 which if they decided to go with the APG-68 route would be the F-16C, that is maneuverable like the AJ/Netz, but slower. If anything, they could replace the AJ with the XF-2 and put it at 12.3 with 9Ls and 7Ms.

1 Like

Well yeah, until we run out of even prototypes it will be a long time, there is always some obscure proposed variant that has been partially built

IMO, AJ shouldn’t be removed despite it being closer to paper than reality
AJ would work as 12.0 while XF-2 might get more advanced missiles like AAM-3 maybe down the line

4 Likes

Aye, implemented vehicles should never be removed imo, but gaijins stance on that is sadly a bit different

They don’t have to remove it, but my point was, they could bring that in for Japan already so they have options still. More so than other nations have at the moment.

2 Likes