Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

The radars most likely lack the function to highlight targets for SARH missiles

How so ? It 's not impossible that the plan could be to introduce ARH on Gen 3 and subsonics ahead of ARH-only Gen 4 's. Something similar to the AIM-9L rollout.

1 Like

Yeah, that is precisely what I think will happen and what should happen, why I have some hope for FA2 this update not Dec. But whenever I’ve pointed out that before people link to the J8F Dev post about BVRAAM coming to all at the same time. So…

That’s my guess too and because of the Eurofighters IOC date and also price theres no poorer countries who would be interested in a CW illuminator option as they’d either buy AMRAAM or METEOR.

😋

Can we just get Fairey swordfish with just one meteor this next update please 😂

Afaik no but only AIM-9L loadout for now would be fine I think. At least until FOX3 comes to 4th gens.

That’s 6 nations. Reasonable amount for testing of early FOX3s (possibly China too with their J-8F but I have too little information about PL-12). France and Israel are out of question currently since they either had too good FOX3 or didn’t have FOX3 capable 3rd gen fighter.

In fairness, the Meteor weighs about half as much as a mark XII torpedo.

1 Like

Pl12 I’ve heard is akin to aim120C. But yeah, precisely what I was thinking too

Maybe even AV8B to US too and something like an Su25TM with R77 for Soviets? Not sure but could certainly be done I reckon to avoid adding more ontop of what we’ve got to destroy any balance that could be created

Edit: missed the Mig-21 on that list :P

To my knowledge it lacked CW illuminator so guiding Skyflash was impossible.

Game is ready with ARH in ARB. Everyone is already hugging the deck with SARHs. ARHs aren’t gonna be super strong there. I’d think it’d be more dangerous in Sim but I don’t play it so can’t comment.

This game isn’t DCS and as such certain things those gamers have issue with, we won’t ever have to deal with. Some of us also like the modern stuff because of the tactics involved compared to subsonics or props.

If you don’t see the appeal, then I can’t really help much there. However, it’s more than just capabilities. Some of us want our favorite modern jets in the game too because they look cool. Simple as that.

At the end of the day, being overcautious isn’t helping because time and time again doomposting about advanced tech gets proven wrong because doomposters forget that there is a “Gaijinification” process from something being how it is IRL to how it will be in the game.

1 Like

I’m currently checking it out but from some Naff 3rd party sources it would appear the A variant could carry skyflash presumably with the PS-05/A Mark 1 and 2 radars.

1 Like

If gaijin follows the plan of introducing all nations to BVRAAMs/AMRAAMs at the same time Japan would have to get a F-15J first with AAM-4s also being added

Japan and France are definetly the question and maybe the problem

2 Likes

So what ? Introducing MR-ARH =/= adding them w/ the introduction of late 4th gens - there are options for them not to overlap.

Not sure we can say what that means yet, our solid leads for specific missiles atm are

-AIM-120A, leaked by Oliviia
-R-77, loadouts in the files for the Yak-141
-PL-12, direct statement from the devs to be introduced at the beginning of MR-ARH additions

There 's going to be a fairly wide range of weapon capabilities at the start even just based on that.

2 Likes

I mean Gaijin said many thing in the past and these things often change over time. (F-16AJ denial for example)

2 Likes

Gripen can carry Skyflash according to this more legitimate source: Air Force Magazine - Google Books

Yep, it would be Germany and Britains only hope for their next aircraft to be competitive. Sea Harrier FA2 with Blue Vixen and ARH vs SARH would be genuinely fun and balanced.

ARH MICA is on AIM-120C level which is why I said that. I highly doubt they will jump straight to these missiles without propely public-testing their early variants.

now tell me which of those mentioned are viable at top tier

Though that could be one way to create balance for the Typhoon as well. Give most nations Aim-120C, give the Typhoon Aim-120B.

I think Cs will come pretty quick either way. Out of necessity with wise to France and I think China.

(I’ve also heard R-77 is closer to early C variants)