Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I mean Gaijin said many thing in the past and these things often change over time. (F-16AJ denial for example)

2 Likes

Gripen can carry Skyflash according to this more legitimate source: Air Force Magazine - Google Books

Yep, it would be Germany and Britains only hope for their next aircraft to be competitive. Sea Harrier FA2 with Blue Vixen and ARH vs SARH would be genuinely fun and balanced.

ARH MICA is on AIM-120C level which is why I said that. I highly doubt they will jump straight to these missiles without propely public-testing their early variants.

now tell me which of those mentioned are viable at top tier

Though that could be one way to create balance for the Typhoon as well. Give most nations Aim-120C, give the Typhoon Aim-120B.

I think Cs will come pretty quick either way. Out of necessity with wise to France and I think China.

(I’ve also heard R-77 is closer to early C variants)

I mean, I am no expert myself, from what I’ve read about the radar it seemed like SAAB would have skipped CW functionality and therefore Skyflashes or other Sparrows wouldn’t work
But then again, getting proper specs and info about radars online isn’t easy

Ye it is.

Tho I doubt we’ll see any FOX3s on 4th gens this year. At least not for this update.

1 Like

r77 has insane drag between M0.8 and 1.3 due to its fins, and considering most wt fights happen below 10km, those missiles stand no chance in ever beating the ER

Yep, but if we got Mig-21 or Su-25TM with R-77 though… That would be Cs accross the board. J8-F with Pl-12 as well would be the same. I can see them skipping Aim-120B to be honest. Especially combined with a comparison i’ve seen with Aim-7M I think, where it has longer range and general performance minus the ability to go active or something , might be recalling that wrong

Well, ER was in part developed to counter early Aim-120 though right? Hit the target ebfore the AMRAAM could go active?

Then no ARH for Sweden until Meteor crying

Oh right yeah… hmm… Gripen E not have Aim-120Cs?

As I understand, PL-12 is also considered comparable to the C-model AMRAAM - while also being one of the AAM 's we have the strongest proof for being one of the first of it 's kind ingame.

Abt MICA, there is evidence for atleast one of it 's platforms to be in the works: the CC422 gunpod in the files is, afaik, only used by the Mirage 2000D RMV variant, compatible w/ that missile.

Might not be relevant to the " which MR-ARH platforms are coming first " discussion, but it 's something to keep in mind.

I think there was also a leak on the .ru old forum which had the IR MICA, I’ll see if I can dig that up.

Not in Swedish service. They jumped from RB99 straight to Meteor.

Hmm… yeah, its definetly going to be hard to balance.

I could see long range, but not “Gen 5 IRs” being tuned up to also be a counter to Fox 3. R-27ET and MICA IR could definetly be a route to take withwise to balance for those nations

I mean it should be integrated with all AIM-120s so technically they could add some possible-but-not-quite-historical loadouts.

First A/B version.

1 Like

That would be the best option