Kings of Battle - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Okay… and?

Its a game?

Maybe people should consider adapting to play around those flaws?

By adding a subtree of an allied nation which doesn’t quite warrant its own tree to fill gaps and flaws which would also IRL help the JSDF

5 Likes

Oplot-M maybe squadron vechile
https://www.army-technology.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/07/Image-1-Oplot-M-Main-Battle-Tank.jpg

1 Like

Such as…? Taiwan? The USA? Last I checked Japan isn’t exactly allied with many Asian nations.

It’s just F-16AM/BM MLU only but not F-16PM

Maybe Thailand? They were allies back then still in friendly terms as far as I know.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Oké then, what “new” nations do you think gaijin could add?
Let me go first:
BeNeLux, Yugoslavia with poland, ASEAN.
What more?

To be fair it teased a new nation and rank VIII ground in general, not for this year.

Rank VIII ground in 2023 only started to really become a thing with the olivia T-90M mention and the “more Leopard 2s for Germany this year” statement from Smin last update.

Japan still has stuff to add Air and Ground, Gaijin just prefer to take a Type 16/10 and add another P to the name and call it a day

Japan has links to other countries, Thailand as mentioned, maybe it becomes a tree for other Asian nations, maybe it borrows tech from the US forces stationed

Plenty of suggestions have been put forward, but if nothing happens Japan gets left behind… and at the end of the day its a game, and there is money to be made for Gaijin

6 Likes

Britain could get the Warrior CSP

yugoslavia with poland? i’d pair poland with czechoslovakia but not yugoslavia

2 Likes

I would be happy with the Leopard 1a3 first, yes, we need more Leopard 2, especially since the A6 version is slowly becoming obsolete in all armies, (7, 7V, 7+ and 8 versions are present and future) Then there is the KF-51 and MGCS tanks, which would be the best for the German tree at the moment.
But I really hope that what I would really like to see is the Pzh-2000, since Germany does not yet have a modern spg vehicle. (It was also regularized by Italy and Hungary.)

1 Like

Yeah, those 3 in 1 TT

I think the 2A6EX is a likely candidate. Or the 2A7+ very maybe.

But we have to keep in mind that in the past iirc Smin has said that they considered tanks like the M1A2 SEPv3 already in the territory of too little known info to really add. And some of these Leopard 2 variants are just as new.

Of course things could have changed though.

nah that very propably is overdoing it, it is the most modern leopard variant in use currently , leopard 2a7Hu and Q are options of the +

1 Like

They used to be Japans puppet state during the war. Since then the two nations have been on friendly terms, but that’s really it. They’re the most likely candidate, but could just as easily go to China.
The Philippines or Indonesia probably, but they don’t really add anything. Taiwan could maybe work, but they’re preoccupied with their enemy. South Korea could never.

And thanks for the responses from everyone else. Hell of a lot of words to say “just to add new thing”, but I understand anyway.

1 Like

Yeah fair. I considered the 2A7+/2A7HU the closest counterparts to the M1A2 SEPv3.

My guess is still 2A6EX, T-90M and SEPv2 as the main additions for rank VIII ground. Just like the F-16, MiG-29 and Tornado IDS were the stars of the rank VIII air update for Gaijin.

1 Like

i can not agree to the tornado being a “star” of rank 8, hell it being rank 8 can be sketchy considering mig 23 series was downgraded to 7 again as well

1 Like

Ahh Leopard 2 A6M Canadain versoin. Sexi sunshade. :D :D :D

5 Likes

The last bit is the most important bit, and I added it because I know the Tornado IDS isn’t great to say it nicely.

But it’s still one of the stars of apex predators for Gaijin, if it wasn’t it wouldn’t be featured in the artwork and advertisements of that update so heavily.

1 Like