Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Is that F18 in the bottom right corner?

it doesnt change the fact the swiss hunter was added because they lacked a plane with guided weapons at the time and a squadron plane, which i am honestly fine with the germans needed it more then us, but we should be given the same treatment then

1 Like

Yep Super Hornet

1 Like

The image means nothing
Its a super Hornet

1 Like

Ya before WW2 but our monarch and the UK is the same and deep political ties to the UK is still there.

Question

Do the nations in question use Royal in their militaries?(something that can only be given by the monarch)
A) Yes
B) No

But hey the guy whose nation plane is in question is wrong apparently. I’ll say it again.

As a Canadian the UK is the best place for our stuff right now with the nations in-game.
If there was a Canada tech-tree sure there is the best place but there isn’t one in-game right now is there?

Fair point
I did see some people suggesting Omani or Singapore Hunter (One of those had ALE-40s mounted) for UK
Not sure if it was able to fire guided air-to-ground missiles but it was able to fire AIM-9G at very least

nup, assta 1 was already IRIS-T compatible as well

For the purpose of keeping Canadian vehicles in one place they should be in the UK unless they get there own tree which is unlikely

1 Like

again tbh we dont need it, the Jaguar Gr1A with Mk13s is already very good, then we get the harrier Gr7 with 4 mavericks and 2 GBU-12s and the Tornado Gr1 with 3 PGM-2000s

Ah but pay attention to the BR
The Swiss Hunter is 9.7
While the Jaaaaag (sorry I had to) is 10.3

1 Like

true that is fair but the jag also has one of the lowest BR targettting pod that can lock tanks and has thermals

1 Like

Indeed Canada should have a home in the UK tree over what is going on right now with them in game.

Indeed I can see one coming someday as it is possible but not until after we get both a new independent nation and a sub-tree for Japan and only then is the chance more than 0.01%

ASSTA 1 upgrade took place way before IRIS-T entered service, no?

1 Like

People always seem to forget that the IRIS-T was designed to be compatible with all aim 9l rails /programm , gotta remember f4f ice used the IRIS-T as well

1 Like

It’s less about the guided weapons in my opinion and more about getting a late (usable) Hunter. Hunter F58 is one of very few with CMs and the current hunters aren’t really playable due to their BRs and the presence of all aspect IR missiles

1 Like

Ah true

yeah that is fair, i was just talking about at least why the germans got it, this again could have be averted by gaijin just adding the same plane to 2 trees

Now let’s see about Australia shall we,

1. It has the Union flag
  2. the army and air forces still use Royal and RAF colours.
  3. The head of Australia is appointed by the king.
  4. Who controls Australia oh yes the head of state.
  5. Who is the head of state oh yes the King.
  6. Who is the head of state in the UK oh yes it’s the same king
6 Likes

Yeah, it would. Likewise they did have other options. Argentina makes an occasional appearance on the German tree and they have a few options for that BR alternative they could have gotten the alpha jet. The Hunter is certainly not the ONLY option for Germany at that BR (just the easiest as it’s a C&P foundation)

But it would have been so bad if nothing else if they had given some attention at least to the other hunters. SRAAMs are still really buggy and they are missing their fuel tanks. Not too mention added any of the other possible variants as mentioned above

SRAAMs are hot shit in game lol, 1km max range with something like a sub 5 second lifespan means they are basically as useful as SNEBs