Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

tbh if they give us a CF18 and then just give us the typhoon and removed it once it was ready I wouldnt even be mad I just want an actual jet that can be competitive

The aussie F/A18 has the most differences to the original

1 Like

Japan is good example of this
And solution was still frowned upon by many. It’s the F-16AJ of course
But there just isn’t anything to add until F-15J or F-2

Similarly UK is in this situation
How will it be sorted, I don’t know… Nor is it on me to decide

I don’t think it even needs to be removed. But we don’t need more than 1 addition. F18 or Gripen C combined with our natives would be plenty to fill the gap. But F18 would be good as Canada and Australia have been under represented

1 Like

I mean Canadian one has giant spotlight on one side…
You could argue it has some uniqueness compared to US F/A-18A

The RAM II was built by canada, which belonged to the british until 1982. Not only that, but the gun it uses is a qf 6pdr gun. the AIM was used by australia, not the us, and with the new commonwealth precedent being set by gaijin both vehicles should go to the british tree

4 Likes

that is my point they cant add a paper plane to one nation and then not add another to one because they themselves never operated it but nations that have very close ties to them did, looking at the swiss hunter again

you’re lucky the confused reaction is gone

I believe the EAP would be perfect despite their denial over its addition, it’s in the same boat as the YAK-141 and should be added. Maybe even a prototype Eurofighter with a worse radar and flight performance.

Alternatively, if they fix the BS radar missile multipath issue, an improved Tornado with AMRAAMs and AIM-9Ms would be a decent choice (for example, AIM-7M and Skyflash should work effectively down to 5 meters altitude).

It’s worse than that the US does use the AIM, so they could just get the US version.

1 Like

It so symbolic that they have their planes painted like ours and have Royal in there air force name but you know its symbolic so there’s no connection

3 Likes

I rather have them back then the flagging option

1 Like

that’s better then - the US AIM for the US and the aussie AIM for the british, and all canadian vehicles to britain, as has been done with the skink

Swiss Hunter is special case, it’s a squadron vehicle
One could argue that F-16AJ is both paper and quasi real plane
It was supposed to be based on one of prototypes (Sparrows mounted on landing gear doors) but the thing that was added to game was per brochure offered to Japan

They still have the same colours too

and plus of ether one is attacked we are called in !

Yep, and we’d all prefer those options. But none of those options will happen. Or at least not to a sufficient degree. (Also F3 really needs ASRAAM) so in the absence of that. A C&P is probably our best bet

NATO is military alliance and cooperation it has nothing to do with who governing who

3 Likes

Ability to carry IRIS-T would be the only real difference I think

Aussie F/A18s can use that

tell me you are joking… you actually think a tornado would be a competitive jet at top tier? dont make me laugh, and I agree they could and should add a reduced DA2, not the EAP because one it never was intended to carry weapons and 2 it had the engines it was meant to have the DA2 came with the same engines on the Tornado and thus would be underpowered for the airframe balancing it out