Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Last time I checked the D isn’t a C though. Coincidentally the 16C is a far more iconic version to the US than the F-16D.

It’s already a 9 to 1 ratio, because I remembered that the AV-8A and 8C were added at the same time as their british counterparts.

Let’s be honest. It’s an anomaly and the timing doesn’t matter because there is a perfect example of the other side happening at the same time.

I guess AV-8B Harrier II Plus Early (USMC) not different from AV-8B Harrier II Plus for Italian Navy (Marina Militare) now but AV-8B Night Attack (NA) never fitted AN/APG-65 pulse doppler radar, equipped unguided Air-to-Ground armament like Italian AV-8B plus, AGM-122 Sidearm, AGM-65E Maverick and GBU-12 & GBU-16 Paveway II LGB. but unsure use Litening II targeting pod ?

bleed energy faster? How can the lose energy faster than a phoenix missile?

Not that France really needs it but I found a funny…

Iraqi Mirage with Kh-29

12 Likes

Probably because they got less mass behind them.

The Phoenix is like a supersonic freight train, once it gets up to speed it takes a lot to slow it down.

1 Phoenix weighs the same as 2.85 AMRAAMs

Well one because its slower lol and 2 because since theyre more manuverable they bleed more energy?

it also has way more drag surface than an aim120
btw this is a discussion for another thread, i’m just pointing out that it’s not obvious like u are saying. Drag is a complex subject

Yeah, and I’m no physicist by any measure.

It is what it is

if they do add r77s, r27s should get the ability to be fired without a lock

I think the ERs good enough already

Keep in mind, R-77 is equal to AIM-120C
I think we’re a little far away from missiles like that

1 Like

R77M is not R77

Glad to know im not the only one that thought that for the longest though

1 Like

Aside from w/e new stuff is added would be nice for some of the older under performers to get loadout re-works as well, specifically I’m thinking jets that are 10.0 plus that historically used all aspects actually getting those missiles.

3 Likes

God I hope Spey phantoms get their AIM9Ls…

3 Likes

Honestly they dont need to move up just to get them, especially since how nerfed the 9L is now

2 Likes

100%
Fighting 11.3+ planes with AIM-9Gs, a missile you get all the way back at 9.3-9.7, is absolutely insane.

Worse yet is this is Britians best fighter

2 Likes

Not just the phantoms the Jag GR1a which basically only ever actually saw action with the 9L and the GR3 which again being falklands vintage with the sea harrier also deployed with the 9L, no reason not to have them at this point and adjust the BR as needed.

2 Likes

Can we get something this week?

I think the Harrier GR.3 and Jaguar are fine. They’re not the end of the line and suit a niche for lineup sake. The phantoms though are the best the british have for top tier fighter jets, and it’s stuck with really underwhelming radar missiles, bad radar set, no gunpod and AIM9G

5 Likes

Devblog likely tomorrow at earliest

1 Like