Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Imo it’s a B, look at that clipped tail fin

1 Like

A and B had the same body afaik

maybe they look that way in the pic or something… idk gonna check that actually

But yeah reading trough it a bit seems like australia wanted a manned turret as well, the redback seems to have one too.
I find that choice weird but oh well what do i know

Normally I go for manual control to hit shots like this, radar lead helps when it 's available. But those aircraft at that distance aren’t an actual threat, they just have the potential to become one later.

They become less threatening to ships w/ armoured belts. We’ve seen that from the new code used on the Exocet, which solved the Kormoran 's overflying issue by giving it the problem of a ( n accurately represented ) flight profile that brings them to the instead to the most protected areas of the ship - and since they’re selfguiding, no " weakspot hunting " as is possible w/ the mouseguided SAM 's.

5.7 or above, more like. There 's less capable USN ships more like Bravy in armament which would probably occupy a closer BR to it.
Free kills on open sea assumes targets which would be destroyed by missiles, and forgets that those " targets " would likely have the 152mm+ weaponry needed to completely defeat the DDG while or soon after the launch.

The issue of optimal gameplay for a vehicle type being that which minimizes or removes counterplay by the other party becomes more noticeable when the used vehicle type:

• possesses only a limited ability to affect the outcome of the match
  • has strict limitations on when it can be used

Bombers in ARB are also affected by this, as are strike aircraft to some extent.

Those jet aircraft which will face top battleships in future will likely have missile-AA platforms to contend w/, as they do now. But there 's several steps we’ve yet to take in missile ships before we’re likely to see any at a high rating similar to BB 's.

Abt the usefulness of player aircraft in NF overall, to me it seems largely a symptom of how they’re allowed to be used more than the capabilities they face. The requirement for score( actions done in the match ) achieved using ships dictates a great deal of how the match will have already gone before they can be deployed, and the countering features on the part of the ships they attack have a low floor for use - until the plane 's performance ( or use of terrain features ← situational ) renders " countering features " of the ship irrelevant, since they’re no longer able to employ them.

This isn’t likely to change until/unless we see a very large increase in the saturation of aircraft to player vessels from match start, and/or a redesign of the spawn system that changes the effect of having the player-controlled aircraft be destroyed to something that makes the loss less punishing on the player 's ability to perform in the match, relative to the effort needed to get to the point of making an attack as an aircraft .

FINALLY I CAN REDUCE MY WING FLUTTER! MUAHAHAHA!!! >:D No, but seriously I hope this means we get f4f ice even tho it’ll be terrible.

1 Like

yeah but as i said idk if its unmmaned or not and im guessing the crew its just slightly below what we normally see in order to accomodate for more stuff inside

We just got a confirmation of it being DOA damn…

/j

A and B has the same fins, I don’t know why the AMRAAM in that picture has such sharp wings.

I mean also that document uses the same AMRAAM for all the versions with clipped wings

Oh, I just realized. That “AIM-120A” is the exact same AMRAAM as the above ones with clipped wings except it’s edited to make it look sharp. That’s why it looks that way.

2 Likes

It’s not the same. Check area between fuselage rings

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/iBbRu1kwvQpA

It is the same missile, just photoshopped to make fins larger

1 Like

If you put it that way yeah ig

Wait, hold on-

So, basically, the ingame values are correct… just… switched places?

Well, that makes a fix hopefully more likely hahah.

EDIT: I just saw the bug report. Excellent! Hopefully we will be seeing a fix soon. It would be a significant improvement for the Leclerc MBTs!

1 Like

I am pretty sure it will be rejected after someone checks it again…

As a Chinese player, I hate cheating very much, those Chinese cheaters use Chinese avatars, use Chinese IDs, and then do the nastiest things. After that, he was still proud in the Chinese community. I’d love to see the development team ban all cheating accounts. But there is a rumor in the Chinese community that the cheat code was leaked from the development team, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but the efficiency of the development team’s ban makes me sad, and many cheating accounts have not been banned. Even on China’s largest online shopping platform (similar to Amazon.com), a search for “war thunder” will bring up a large number of stores selling plug-in scripts

6 Likes

I know this isn’t a thread talking about cheats, but no one is paying attention to the threads discussing cheats at all. The plug-in sold by the Chinese website is like this, he can see the location and distance of all enemy troops, he can automatically lock on to your gun latch and fire. I was playing the game yesterday when I met a guy who was like a prophet who could find your latch with precision and then break it as you moved at high speed. I watched the footage, and every person he killed was a bolt, and he never stopped shooting, and I was 100% sure he was a plug-in. There are a lot of them, and they’re very arrogant, and they’re openly mocking us players as “garbage” in the Chinese community, and I really hope the development team takes this matter seriously, otherwise it wouldn’t make sense for so many new planes and tanks to come up

1 Like

Gooood mornin’ RRD

I don’t know if any of you players other than Chinese players have ever encountered cheaters like that, or do you just don’t care? I heard that there are also many such cheaters in Russia, but I’m not sure. I really think this kind of behavior is very shameful and very humiliating for Chinese players

2 Likes

oh s**t it’s morning

kinda forgor about sleep image