Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Not from my experience, I’d say they are on par

Yeah, Its fun in RB, but SB its been let down with crap radar. Thats now been fixed

I’m ignorant of the Skyflash, isn’t it mostly supposed to be a British sparrow-like missile? Also I don’t want the 27T. I still haven’t unlocked it on my MiG-29, and it will be the last thing I grab.

From my experience the R-27R is between the AIM-7E-2 and AIM-7F in performance. It’s slow and does not have that much range but is very maneuverable.

Essentially but should be a bit better in a few keys areas (they should track a little better, they are a little faster, they should better at low alt and in side-aspect) , but reality its basically the same as a Aim-7M. At the moment, its just unfinished/buggy. I think they are just placeholders for AMRAAM at the moment.

If you want to read about it more

Apologies if I won’t look through 1700 new messages but is this still the right place to expect dev server data mines?
https://www.reddit.com/user/SwannSwanchez/submitted/?rdt=53687

If not, any datamines on hidden vehicles?

1 Like

Apparently a rumour for Italian AV-8B+ but no idea on source or validity

1 Like

6xR-27R’s + 2 R-73’s is a compromise that would be worth making. That’s what it could carry. But I guarantee you those 6 R-27R’s are almost more than likely NOT going to be 6 guaranteed kills. You’re gonna dump half just trying to get someone.

@Smin1080p is there any chance of the F-16C to recieve the AIM-7P?

2 Likes

Thats why Im fine with the higher count of R-73s I personally believe that the R-27R has a lower probability of kill in game than the AIM-7F/M (at least in my experience)

And at that rate, the R-77 would come at the same time.

The R-77 unless nerfed would beat the AIM-120A in every way and those two should not be added at the same time. The range of the R-27ER would actually allow it to compete with the AIM-120A in my opinion.

3 Likes

Beautiful

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to try guiding in an ER on someone, and not dodging/evading to guide your weapon, and therefore being yeeted by an AMRAAM from about the same distance? At that rate, there would be no use in BVR for Soviet planes, unless of course chaff would actually do something here.

Gotta bring in R-77’s at the same time. That or AMRAAMS go up to a BR where you barely see them until R-77 is in game.

1 Like

Yeah seen that pic. Might come next update armed with AMRAAM though, thats the question

It might come this update with AIM-120 I think. It would be a perfect platform for testing of these missiles just like it was with AIM-9L and Harrier GR.7

and so am i. I do have a F-14 and a F-16 (I do not have accses to US rank 8 however i have the japanse F-16)

So would the Sea Harrier FA2. I just think AMRAAM wouldnt have been kept so secret, and they’d have wanted to scrape every second of dev server time they could get for them. they would have been the centre piece of the update

I seriously hope im wrong, would love that this update. But I too thought the Shar FA2 would have been the perfect test platform for the AMRAAM ahead of a general release

1 Like