Sons of Attila - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 2)

Hug the deck

I am stupid fixed that part thank you so much!

I just have my bomb drop on the space bar.

This but in response to ER comments then, lol

Hehe.

So yeah, I take it spacebar is set to “Fire secondary weapon”?

If so, cycle through ripple modes with bombs selected, and then when you press spacebar, it should drop that desired amount (2,4,8,16,32,S)

lol, its aim-9l but better in every way

The AIM-54C is not good whatsoever it can be funny and if people climb it forces them to go defensive which you can use as an advantage but the main missile is still the AIM-7F/M which is about on par with the R-27R. I think if the soviets were limited to the R-27R the Su-27 would actually be a viable platform and be fair to come to the game as it currently stands. If you would like to continue this convo you can PM me :)

2 Likes

The issue though, is their speed. In a head on joust, even with the limtiations of firing within about 5km-10km that mitigates low alt. ERs hit way sooner than (at least live) weapons, even when fired second. They also keep going in a straight line if radar signal is lost. I’ve lost many a joust in the F3, because my SkyTrash was fired first, but hit second or just decided to blow up depsite solid lock.

Aim-54s just seem to not work at low alt, I dont have the F-14B, but all F-14B users I’ve seen just run Aim-7

I haven’t seen enough of both to say that for sure. 9L still has better energy retention, both seem to have the same flare resistance, but the OBS capabilities sure are better, no doubt.

Anyone tried the F-16C HMD + 9Ls yet? How is that looking?

I fixed it thank you so much!!!

No probs

who said that?

R-27ER 5.8M
SkyFlash ST 4.4M
Aim-54C 4.3M
Aim-7M 4.0M
R-27R 3.5M

That i think kinda sums up my primary issue. Maybe R-27R would leave them a little underpowered, but R-73s and R-27Ts might make up for that though. and would give BVR jousters like the F3 a “chance”

Honestly if they didn’t introduce the R-27ER they could have added the Su-27 as a missile bus counter to the F-14B instead of making the MiG-29 an incredibly potent BVR fighter. F-16A ADF + F-14B vs MiG-29 (3.13) + Su-27 would be much more fun in my opinion and would give the USSR aircraft that would fall into different roles instead of being 100% multipurpose.

Yeah, taht could of worked. WIth the Tornado F3 also a missile bus, it wouldnt have left them quite so far out in the cold as well. There is a lot they did wrong in the past year or so with what got added when and what they added

su-27 is going to rawdog everything. Even the f-15 will struggle

1 Like

With only R-27Rs and R-73s it really wouldn’t.

1 Like

Only if the enemies will have amraam

Honestly Britain is just in a void right now.

1 Like

Yeah… we are, at least FRS1 is looking sexy now, so time to destroy everything at 10.7 in SB :P