Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Fairly sure I saw someone on the British Machinery of War topic showing double twin mounts of AIM9Ms on each wing. Might be wrong tho, but either way - Even if we only get 4x AIM-9M + BOL rail each missile rail + 2 AMRAAMs, it’d be great

I dont know its possible, But im not sure. As for the BOL rails. They arent compatible with the twin mounts

So its either a twin mount for 2x Aim-9M or single mount with 1x Aim-9M and 1x BOL. So wont be quite as many CMs as the Gr7

2 Likes

wdym other nations?

by “not all nations will get arhs” they meant minor countries, not major ones

F-15 and Su-27 kept with SARH vs minor nations in aircraft like the F4F-ICE, Sea Harrier FA2, J8-F, etc with ARH might be balanced.

I remember @Gunjob (I think) showed off that you can install 1 BOL rail on each rail of a twin mount, essentially giving you 4 BOL rails lol

hm so we all agree germany is a minor nation past ww2

Cold war and modern era, France could even take it’s place.

The Mig-29 and Mig-29G keep them in the fight currently. But going forward they’ll have nothing other than the F4F-ICE until the Typhoon. (late Tornados are possible, but their reliance on things like IRIS-T might make them complicated additions) They are about to enter a very very long dry spell.

star-wars-almost-there(2)

3 Likes

Im not sure, I had a covno about this with him over in the Sea Harrier thread and that was what he eluded to. That its one or the other.

I mean Germany was divided in to four occupation zones and spliced into two different countries.
So idk about you but I woudn’t call that a strong nation

1 Like

Ground is still pretty up there. Air still needs to catchup to modern day while ground is mostly at modern day.

I don’t know about you guys but, I’d rather just tough it out for a short period of time to get stuff like the EFT instead of arguing between Tornados/F-18s/Harriers/Gripens/etc. In an ideal world, yea US/RU would wait, but Gaijin needs money to stay in business so they’ll obviously give preferential treatment to them.

When you have gaps like this, where there’s nothing feasible to add till overall tech advances, it’s just better to leapfrog so you get your things sooner rather than drag it out for multiple updates.

As I touched on before, I’d give a good guess that there’s financial incentive to keep giving content to players who will keep paying for it.

1 Like

There’s photos ^W^ I just don’t have the time rn to find them in the topic

1 Like

Sure, i agree on that sad fact…

We’ve been “toughing it out” for more than a year already. If Typhoon was due March, i’d agree. But right here, right now, its not expected till the END of 2024, a little earlier if we are lucky. Later than that if we aren’t. Unless you are suggesting that Britain stays at 11.3 for 2 full years fighting 12.3s and 12.7s. Then SOMETHING needs to be added to us to keep us going.

Sea Harrier FA2
Tornado Upgrades
and maybe 1x CW addition for A2A

Harrier Gr9A and Tornado Gr4 for Ground attack

1-2 interesting lower tier additions like the BAE hawk

and we’ll be fine till the Typhoon. No one is demanding we leapfrog ahead of all other nations. Its why im expecting the FA2, Even with AMRAAM, its not going to be super strong. Its a reasonable entry point into an ARH era.

But we cant maintain the status quo. We need something, anything

The problem is, Eurofighter Typhoon is so powerful that it can go toe to toe with an F-22. It has missiles that can kill you from 100+ miles away with the same manueovering as an AIM-7M

If we wait and play catch up, you’ll have a giant 2 or 3 TIERS of gap that is empty for UK. There needs to be filler. You can’t jump right to EFT or the tree would just be forgotten for 10+ updates

I hate to be that guy but Top Tier isn’t the end all be all of War Thunder

Sadly no, you can have a single sidewinder on each outboard pylon with a BOL. Or 2 sidewinders on each without BOL.

4 Likes

Just the thing the most people are intrested in, and what attracts the most new players

I found filler in modern time (talking about copy pasta from other nations) really sad, specially when they keep nations that didnt make “that much” as powerfull or even better than some that build things.

Sure it’s keep these nations playable at some BR, but this break totally all the originality of playing x or y nations.