Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

I mean this is more than we are not going to tell you our plans lmao.

Gaijin thinks adding SK to Japan isn’t worth it as they will properly loss more and make the people from that area so mad

1 Like

some of them could be true because they were vehicles passed to devs (like the french Do335)
but this is deffintly not a “leak”

Apart from their MAD
S.Korea and Japan have no connection except that they are located close together.

3 Likes

Atcually that lines up to their interest in a United Korea tree in that Q&A video they did a few years back.

We need to focus more on the upcoming dev blog than on these discussions.

Last year’s “Apex Predators” update was
It was uploaded in the last week of November, and the date is November 29.

Can we look forward to this week

Well I mean gathering any information and talking about it is the whole point in this thread

2 Likes

I think so yes but even so I can’t see how that would allow it to guide SARH’s as it lacks a CW illuminator and AIM-7’s don’t have datalink, with the exception of the PS-05/A Mk.1 which was equipped to the first Gripen A’s.

Even then the source about the PS-05/A Mk.1 isn’t about the radar itself but comes from a magazine released around the time Gripen prototypes first flew and it mentions SKYFLASH. So that leads to the assumption that the Mk.1 has a CW illuminator.

You don’t need a CW illuminator for late model AIM-7. The F-16C/D late blocks do not have a CW illuminator. It uses HPRF for guidance.

1 Like

Ahh I see, i presumed the F-16C had a variant which used a CW illuminator and thats why it got the Sparrows but if its not required then that may mean Gripen could get Skyflashes.

I suppose that explains how early Eurofighters could use AIM-7’s without a CW illuminator.

As far as I see the argument is always “Japan needs a subtree”, and that’s it. Then when Thailand is named as alternative they start bringing up arguments that speak more for a full Korean tree than a subtree.

Thailand is already (even if as marketplace camo only) in the Japanese tree, can fill the necessary holes well and has enough interesting vehicles to be a subtree far more exciting than Finland was. I don’t see why people are so insistant on the Korean vehicles that such a large part of the playerbase is so heavily against…

4 Likes

my point of veiw on that subject is simply that most peaple dont know what thailand as to offer , but on the other end , they know korea about K1, K2, K21 and K-31 CHON-MA , witch all are good suport for the japanese tree

This is why , when somebody talk’s about sub-nation for japan , i think about korea first, but that doesn’t mean i dont think about other nations including thailand

Not really. The purpose of this thread is to talk about rumors and leaks for the next update.

And talking about all kinds of random stuff for which there isn’t even any hints isn’t exactly “gathering info”.

Which modification? And i don’t think so…

He just said 2A7.

It was said to being worked by BvvD time of arrival unknown

Because Korea, for the most part, wouldn’t waste space by being entirely copy-paste. Thailand is entirely vehicles from the US or Russia or China or Sweden. That’s not interesting or worth adding just to fill whatever perceived gapes people think the tree has, at that point it’d be better to just put in another prototype.

Which modification of 2a7, i asked about that. Because simple 2a7 didn’t have front armor

We don’t really know

"9. BVVD: “Leopard 2A7 will be released in the future. Sometime.”

A stock 2a7 would kinda be pointless tbh… as on the basic level its just doesn’t add music to the game that makes it different from the 2a6 no?

He says that about everything, it s not confirmation

Did I say it was ?

That quote was taken out of the interview it self. I know it’s not no confirm date and I haven’t said it will be in this update