Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

That but with a 1500hp engine i believe

Dang yall getting acitve again after those leaks huh :p

Yeah the same engine from the 2E

Im pretty sure its just the bog standard perkins engine uprated to 1500

Wait, wtf is a Wessex Mk 5 supposed to be

I was just reading about it!!!

Apparently the 1500hp engine is a later addition, from what I can read. However, from all the videos I can find of it, even the most recent ones, it still has the usual Challenger 2 sound, so… I don’t know.

This video is from a year ago, for example, and it still has the Challenger 2 1217hp sound;

1 Like

Or not i guess…

1 Like

Alot of 2023 ch2s have a new uprated 1500hp engine

1 Like

Does it have aps or is that black night only

From what I read its not known if it was retained or not but it had it at one point and was driven at Bovington

Only BN.

Well the ch3s are slated to have trophy but the final design isnt known yet…probs look bn in config

1 Like

Perkins 9a sounds the same as 6a.it is 90% the same engine but with different fuel system

Yep!

As we said, it was the MTU MT 883, or that’s what I can find at least. Challenger 2 Megatron - Fighting-Vehicles.com

I will try to find any video with different engine sound!

If Gaijin is to implement this tank, I hope it is with this engine. Even if it did not retain it, if it mounted it, that should be enough to give the Brits a more competitive tank.

1 Like

Uprated legit to prepare for a ch3 conversion…

Its like a slightly faster TES not the best addition…

The mtu was just trailed. 6a is the normal powerpack. It was supposed to get 9a but i dont know where it went

So, from what I am understanding- 9A is improved 6A, having similar/identical sound, but 1500hp instead of 1217?

From what ive seens it gonna have an APS it just which one

Also the Cr3 we have now is a prototype. The same hull, perkins 9A with upgrade transmission, and new turret with smoothbore gun. Can also mount trophy APS.