Next Major Update - Rumor Round-Up and Discussion (Part 1)

Russia has never captured a Leopard 2

I feel like captured vehicles from current and very recent conflicts are a can of worms that they shouldnt be opening lol

Yeh the 81 was cool (It honestly should have been added bloody ages ago) but the problem with Japan is how bloody long it takes to get anything usually if we get something one update Japan gets ignored the next or gets a terrible little patrol boat… honestly for the next nation that gets a sub tree I hope to god its Japan.

6 Likes

Im divided. A Tornado F3 with decent AAMs would allow it if nothing else to actually be playable at top tier. At the moment, it feels a bit like a placeholder and not a real addition and it is an iconic airframe that has been badly let down by when it was added.

The Tornado F3 could even be a very strong top tier airframe (if they actually gave it it’s historically accurate post-CSP loadout of Aim-120C5s and ASRAAM, but we know that will never happen, Aim-9M and Aim-120Bs is probably the best we can hope for)

But I’d be incredibly frustrated if that was all we got. After 9 months, I’d hope for at least something a little different. It would still be the same Tornado F3, just with different weapons (and maybe a ever so slightly better radar)

Sea Harrier FA2 is still my current guess for our new “top tier” it has to either be that or a Commonwealth C&P. Not really another option at the moment. Unless all this Anti-Typhoon sentiment from Gaijin is just to temper expectations

I mean Japan is the last nation that has room for a sub tree that wouldn’t blow up in their face.

But its the one nation baring Israel that is in need direly to get one to even think of expanding it on the level of other nations. Sad to say there’s not that much interesting left in the way of top tier excluding copy paste type 10 prototypes. A sub nation like idk Thailand would be a good addition to not only add variant ( and a more decent ifv) but to add more to the tree as a whole.

2 Likes

We won’t be seeing ASRAAMs. My personal guess would still be a Tornado F.3 CSP/FSP as the SHar FA.2 would require them to model a new radar and the Hawk 200 would be an entirely new airframe
I still have the feeling they might end up giving us a semi-fictional SAAF Gripen C out of sheer laziness

Sad to say… it’s probs a Tornado, I doubt Gaijin even cares to put this much effort or time to make a decent British top tier as shown by their lack of understanding that the damn aircraft just isn’t a good substitute to the various speed and agile demons at top tier. It kinda shows how disheartening the Typhoon denial is tbh…

1 Like

Sea Harrier FA2 has basically the same radar as the Gripen C apparently (or more accurately the Gripen C use a modified Blue Vixen radar) , So that would be a C&P. Just further adds to why I think it will be next.

But yeah, ASRAAM, no chance. I reckon maybe Tornado Gr4 will get them end of 2024, maybe early 2025. Its gunna need them I think (12-18 Brimstones is going to force a high BR), but only 2x ASRAAM and limited integration, wont be full strength

" The PL-12 missiles, same as other medium-range active seeker missiles for fighters of other game nations, will appear in War Thunder at the same time in one of the future game updates."

God… I dread how the Big 3 are gonna ruin top tier for the next update…

1 Like

I am fairly sure the PS-05/A has different modes and slightly different performance

ASRAAM, not AMRAAM.

4 Likes

You know what ASRAAMs are?

1 Like

I think its based upon the Blue vixen or something.

Tubes that can fly and go speeeeeed and power

They share some tech, the PS-05/A isn’t based on the Blue Vixen tho

Considering sub trees are ground focused and our options are Japan and Israel…

Well Japan has options that wouldn’t blow up in the Snails face. So the next sub nation would indeed go to Japan.

Tho considering are last two nations have been sub-trees I think our next nation will be an independent one. Tho who knows.

I honestly just think gaijin doesnt care enough about japan to do that tho…sadly

also :)

“J-8F jet fighter and future plans on the BVRAAMs”