Neglected US Helicopter Updates

I’m stating what Gaijin would do.

And yes, hellfire L with 16x per helo is more powerful than 4x LMUR.

You’re talking as if MH-60s can still deal with Ka-50 and Ka-52. 8 Hellfires mean nothing if you just get vikher’d or FnF missiles.

1 Like

AGM-114R introduces a further range direct mode (about 7 km). With a programmable warhead, which allows to shoot down airborne targets. So no it would not justify a FnF missile for Russia. Basically closer to Vikhers more than anything.

No?

Just no?
The MH-60 can carry that, but with no internal gun
Viper can cary 16 Hellfires and 2 AIM9Ms, which are way more useful than even a full load of stingers on the MH60

R is just a boost to the lethality of the warhead , (and if im not mistaken) brings a bunch of fuze options.
Its still the same good old hellfire, with a very well done lofting pattern and flight characteristics.

LMUR is a two-way datalink Optical/Thermal Imaging guided missile with ±15km of range.

You cant compare a software / fuze upgrade to an entirely new and rather advanced missile.

What they said.
114R would have been a good choice all the way back when vikhr was added, as a proxy option for nations that used the hellfire.

2 Likes

Yea something like Viper being equipped with 40yo missile which has been phased out from combat deployment long before Vipers first flight is tragically funny.

But probably biggies pain of US Heli tree (and other TT using Hellfires) is the fact that the Hellfire flies like crap, does not have the top attack capability etc. There is whole topic about it.

There are lot of call for the Lima Hellfire, which I can understand why is not added since Apache capability to track 128 targets and engage 16 of them in once whith missiles fired in 1-2s interval salvo would ruin ground play entirely on those tiny maps we have.

What US heli tree could use as a new top heli would be RAH-66 Comanche, with the six Lima Hellfires and low RCS it would bring something new to the table.

3 Likes

they can if you get close without them noticing witch I’ve done at that point I just fired a stinger at them

it has the dedicated minigun pylons

Nope, DIRCM exist and flings my ATAS into the ground; not even TY-90s can hit them with their DIRCM. And that situational, if you put two equally skilled players in the same situation, the MH-60 won’t be alive.

Those pylons are fixed Miniguns, rather than a turret that can auto-guide/predict shots. Not even the same.

dircm you mean ircm?

duh , but in reality they should be minigun turrets

No, DIRCM and IRCM are two different things.

But they arent, and even if they were, 7.62 or 12.7mm Miniguns are kinda useless when they occupy pylons where 4 hellfires would go .

the 7.62 are mounted on their own “pylons” and the other 4 pylons are still useful

You can take 2 7.62s on dedicated pylons, but they are quite literally useless.
Only the 12.7 and LR30 are somewhat good in the anti tank role, and they take the pylons where hellfires can be equipped

You are probably replying to wrong post…
But btw DIRCM would do nothing to Limas.

Yeah my bad it was suppose to quote the one below that one. And, yes I know AGM-114Ls wouldn’t get effected by DIRCM.

I think he meant mouted point on Door gunner or on the cargo.

This can also be mouted with either M134 (7.62mm Gatling gun) or M3 Browning (high fire rate .50cal) and GAU-19 ( .50cal Gatling gun) as in picture

On Cargo

On door gunner window

Technically you could have like 4 mouted gun with out using pylons
Maybe also MK19 grenade launcher . But i only seen them on Huey.

1 Like

Well from the leaks it looks like the Viper is getting the Hellfire K which is good but it’ll most likely be brought up in BR. So only the heli which is viable at 11.3 is the apache. This sucks because it has worse optics, aam missiles, less flares, and no MAW.

Remember the Isreali Longbow Apache is at 11.3 which is already better than the 11.7 US longbow apache. I just don’t understand the BR ratings for US helis because there are the same variants in other nations that are of a lower br. the Hellfire K is a slight upgrade from the B and shouldn’t warrant a br increase. Give it a an accurate hellfire that doesn’t loose 3/4 of it’s energy 4km in.

It shouldn’t go up if the MH-60L already has the Hellfire K and it’s at 11.3. If they do move my viper up to 11.7 (literally no reason to) I will stop playing 11.3 entirely and probably just stop playing period. It’s literally the only reason I put myself through the 11.3 nightmare.