Neglected state of Japanese Top MBTs

Good luck with this mentality, players have been asking for Differential/Regenerative Steering since the Chieftain was added in 2016. The Type 10 requires it’s own unique transmission system to fix it’s biggest problems.

1 Like

We don’t need infinite variable transmission simulation to fix acceleration, there are many hidden parameters influencing tanks mobility, Gaijin can effortlessly manipulate them to simulate targeted mobility.

I just got educated on what regenerative steering is and I’m now profoundly sad.

Why are you arguing with that Chinese guy?
Chinese players will always complain that they “didn’t get xx stuff”, but when other TT players complain that they are missing something, they always jump out and object.
Average Chinese TT Player be like:

6 Likes

But at the same time, they hope that other TT players can help them report problems to Gaijin, which is really ridiculous.

2 Likes

The suspension thing is incredibly anoying when trying to snipe and go low since it just bounces

3 Likes

Who are you even talking about?

As OP I would say it mostly about performance, because 2 of 3 points I made are about bugs that should be just fixed. Only acceleration can be considered as balancing factor, but I don’t think it would suddenly make Type 10s overpowered. As I see it Type 10s fall into the category of glass canon - fast, hard hitting but no survivability. For now we only have “hard hitting” and “no survivability”.

1 Like

That “Vamilad” guy.

1 Like

All minor nations suffer together.

Japan doesn’t need better MBTs, it needs support vehicles.

All NATO MBTs suffer from the same lack of regenerative steering making Russian tanks ahistorically have more mobility because they can handle turns better because they have more horsepower.

1 Like

Japan doesn’t need better MBTs, it needs support vehicles.

Well I’m mostly advocating for bugs to be fixed, no other MBT suffers from performance bugs(at least from this much).

As far as bug fixes go it won’t be fixed without documentation and you have to go through Gaijin’s asinine report system.

Again you mistakes “characteristics discrepancy” and “bugs”, later is issues related to the game engine/coding, you don’t need documentation to ask to fix those.

No but you need to have the bug specifically documented and then submitted through their bug report forum which is utterly asinine both navigate and use.

1 Like

There are no hidden parameters; engine output/gear ratio effect mobility, to “fix” the Type 10s acceleration under current modelling you would have to arbitrarily dump an extra 200-300BHP into the engine to counter the torque loss from brake steering and no CVT.

There are still some things that can be tweaked. Available hp and torque at certain RPMs of the engine do influence the tanks quite significantly

Also known as gear ratio
the reason the ZTZ99A is a space rocket compared to the Type 10 is because it has 12 gears to make use of

2 Likes

Gear ratio and available torque and hp aren’t linearly correlated. There’s also the inertia due to the weight of the rotary components that can have a huge influence as an exemple of something that has an impact other than just gear ratios. Then there’s the type of fuel used, that might give different power outputs at different flow rates/temperatures/RPM of the engine

Not much to complain about Japanese top tier ground in general at this point. Good MBT’s, the best and absolutely most broken SPAA in-game, decent wheeled TD and tracked IFV. Overall a very solid lineup.

You must be joking, surely you don’t think the Type 89 is top tier viable, right?

6 Likes