Naval is unplayable right now

Well, now everyone is spamming Atlanta, that’s what Naval has now become…

I guess at least it’s a way to turn the tables on the ocassion into our favour, lmao.

I honestly didn’t expect them to implement such a major game changing change, but I’m of 2 minds.

This is a very good change for DD/Frigate/Corvettes, as not only do a number of Coastal ship now have the power to match their RP, but many boats now have the power to deal with “coastal battleship” such as M-boats.
It also gives more value to destroyers that only use HE like the JP/DE DD, which I think is great fun no matter which boat you use. Great changes.

On the other hand, as for CL/CA/BB, I would say the worst. The advantages of using battleships in the current version are almost non-existent and the US CL reigns as the absolute meta. In fact, on the few occasions I used BB, the biggest threat was Helena/Worcester… Personally, I also preferred the older version when it came to CL/CA/BB play.

8 Likes

This is by far (I hope ever) the most broken update for naval mode in WT history.

3 major issues/bugs that need urgent treatment:

I. All shells randomly ignores armour. In fact this bug has been existed in the game for well over half a year, but the probability of occurrence was much lower before this update (kinda like a naval version of ghost shell bug). After this update the probability suddenly goes rocket high and rn fast firing small calibre guns are melting even the most well protected battleships literally in seconds. This bug only happens in multiplayer battles.

II. Modules gets damaged by themselves after repaired

III. Rather a feature than bug, HE shells are inflicting too much damage in the new update. It can be confused with the first issue, however, even if the bug gets fixed, the HE shells that working as intended are still doing at least twice damage as it was in 2.33 - in test sail, it takes 5 salvos for Cleveland to wipe out all crew of the target Koln cruiser, while in 2.33, 6 salvos from the same ship will only kill 38% of Koln’s crew. Cruiser and anything smaller becomes extremely fragile and it turns the gameplay into an FPS-style fast trace gaming.

16 Likes

The same the dmg is so high.
60% Crew dead from one 12,8 shoot he.
The explosion are way too high dmg.
Big targets are dead faster you can think about it.

Complet broken is naval now, who are the patch notes too the increase of the dmg?

1 Like

They really should have something like a “dev server” so players (and technical moderators) can try this stuff out first.

3 Likes

As an older (paying) player over the half century mark I love War Thunder, it’s great escapism and keeps my crappy RL at the back of my mind but the past few months of snafu’s have given me pause for thought and I’m seriously close to deleting my account completely. No game is worth being this annoyed over.

5 Likes

Removed most air critical hits just before the air event started… Major nerfs to high-multiplier bluewater just before the naval event started… Watch out ground players, you’re next.

8 Likes

Honestly, I feel the same way. It really feels like this update was rushed to release it before the event, even if it wasn’t ready yet.

Naval events were always “broken” with how the damage model (and the battle BR range) worked. You could literally take a 7.0 battleship and if you faced mostly 6.0 vessels you could get such results in the battle:

Of course such results are impossible now. It’s really hard to believe that this whole mess is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Naval is beyond broken right now. Everything expodes left and right in a few salvos. Crew count, survivaliblity, armour doesn’t matter at all. BBs melt from a stock 155 HE in seconds.

FIX THIS FFS

6 Likes

And just before the event starts, we the few naval players are hated by gaijin

5 Likes

I was so looking forward to naval event. Trully. Even though people chuckled. I didn’t care.

Yet all naval fans were slapped in face by Gaijin itself.

It only shows how they care about dedicated naval players.

Shame on you Gaijin.

4 Likes

I played a match just now. I was one shot by USS Portland in my IJN Myoko.

Now you might say, yes, Myoko has bad armor.

But no. It has good enough armor to not be destroyed/ammo racked by 4-5 inch secondaries. The shell that 1 shot me was not AP from main guns.

It was HE-VT from secondaries.

1 Like

I have her and for me she was always a comfortable standard heavy cruiser. Could take beating and still survive. Same as Pola. Now 3 hits and I’m fucking sinking. Good if you fast enough to drop torpedoes…

Hell I was one shot in a Graf Spee. IN A GRAF SPEE. That says it all.

1 Like

Look what the hell is killing BBs now

1 Like

At the moment, I am going to ignore naval. Unbearable.

2 Likes

@HK_Reporter @Alpine_Lynx does gaijin HQ know the situation? I think increasing damage was fine, but there is something seriously wrong with naval right now, destroyers and light cruisers are 1 shotting BBs, and HE spam is worse than ever.

1 Like

Yikes, the situation sounds dire right now. Although…if HE are broken…I might take advantage of this and get all the RP to spade out my 6.0+ lineup that was originally getting blown out of water by BBs…

2 Likes

Developers are working on it atm

12 Likes

Thank god, thank for not keeping us in the dark 🙂🙏🏻

2 Likes

This has always been one of the worst issues in Naval, the new systems are simply highlighting it further. Hopefully the ability to lock targets when they’re 95% hidden gets fixed.

As it should be, this is excellent. First hits (especially before waiting for a lead) are far more decisive now, and the higher damage / faster TTK (as with any game) makes managing multiple targets much more practical as well.

So long as actual bugs are worked out, I’m very much enjoying the new damage model so far.

It’s definitely a bit over the top, yes, could use some adjustment.

1 Like