Naval is unplayable right now

yes the new collision alarm is too much - sometimes it even continues when you changed into a plane - very annoying! I also observed a drastical increase in damage received from enemy ships.

Yea that alarm is just… Too much… I like the damage model of the locked ship being present all the time and the new information on enemy ship heading and speed though. Nice little additions in my eyes.

1 Like

They really messed with damage models and maybe broke repairs. Ships are getting taken out way quicker. Plus now the hulls of ships turn red? I know that armor would degrade but now the whole hull seems to.

There also is some sort of repair issue going on for me. My ship will do a repair then spend a long time with the repair circle still up saying “0 sec left”. This means that i cant do anything else without the time penalty.

update: it appears that even when you repair stuff, they instantly become damaged again causing the repair to loop

6 Likes

You are just coping because your ADHD wont allow you to play it

5.0 and 6.0 ships finally do damage in uptier

What do you mean unplayable?

Why am I not surprised naval changes didn’t get any sort of testing and just thrown out into the wild right when a naval event starts.

Armor doesn’t matter

Infinite repairs stuck at zero I can’t cancel which are increasing my reload

The worlds most incredibly annoying dingdingdingdingdingding

This is great, every patch naval gets reworked and now we get this doing a naval event.

woohoo

7 Likes

It seems that once a damaged module is repaired, it instantly starts taking “magical” damage until it breaks again. If you watch it in the x-ray, it quickly turns yellow, orange, then red.

5 Likes

Playing with spokoinyy yesterday I got this way 3 unrepairable breeches and got sunk by a cruiser that has been dead for at least 4 minutes lmao

Ammo racking is super easy too. I have just been aiming in the general front half of ships and getting ammo racks constantly.

They made so many changes, and bugs, to naval 24 hour before a naval event. Crazy

3 Likes

It seems that the armor coefficient of all ships has changed to 0.3, and shells with a depth of 96mm can penetrate armor with a thickness of 203mm!This is just too magical

2 Likes

After a few more battles it’s basically settled down to a case of high reload >> slower but bigger salvo damage, not just a little but hugely more so than pre-patch. Balance has gone out the window and merely throwing a lot of cheap HE down range can take down bigger ships with unnerving reliability rather than a fast neutering then a slow final death. Extra punch from bigger shells isn’t needed any more.

Not played the BBs in my lines yet, but I’m not confident they will survive long with 30s reloads and achingly slow turret rotations on the WW1 era dinosaurs. It’s wild west tactics - fastest draw and trigger finger wins.

A theory…the number of fragments was increased in the patch but was meant to maintain the same maximum damage potential per shell. Could the issue be that each frag actually still does the older, higher damage numbers and because there’s more of them now it supercharged the effects?

4 Likes

hmh, this is my guess too

I just played my first Naval match after the update, to grind Baden, and I am extremely confused…

Everyone, including Battleships, is now dying to, uh… 5 inch HE and SAP? No one is using AP, it’s pointless right now…

2 Likes

I really hope that the damage changes are just -very- bugged at the moment and that they’re not working as intended. I’ve played quite a lot of naval lately before the patch and was actually looking forward to grinding Mutsu and Baden. And after Mutsu getting some brit or italian premiums to work on those trees. But with the current state of things post patch I’m really not sure I can be bothered. We’re back to ships being about as well protected as soggy loaves of bread and just flinging HE everywhere.

9 Likes

Second match. Unplayable. The mode is UNPLAYABLE. The repair-related bugs incapacitate a ship.

4 Likes

Yes, they destroyed my favourite mode.

There is no point to play this.

5 Likes

Also, some modules keep breaking on their own when you repair them.

WHAT IS THIS MESS!? No one was shooting here. The turret just kept going red every time I repaired it.

2 Likes

I think the big questions we should be asking Gaijin are, who asked for this, why were these changed implemented and who do they benefit. If asked, I would have strongly suggested leaving the damage models alone. Maybe a few exceptions. Scharn… cough cough

5 Likes

Sometimes, repairs get stuck with a “0” on the timer, and keep looping around that 0, repairing nothing and applying all reload and repair penalties.

Also, spawns remain a disaster. Everyone spawns in ramming each other to the point of flipping over and sinking sometimes.

1 Like

What? They broke Naval Battles just as the Naval Event started?

I am shocked!

4 Likes