Namer 30 increase in weight

Currently on the dev server the Namer 30 weight has been increased from 61t to 64.4t.

However there does not seem to be any change in the internal structure or the thickness and quality of the armour.

Spoiler

LIVE

DEV

Therefore I am asking, what is going on with this? Are there plans to fix the Namer’s armour in the coming patches to the dev server?

I’d like to remind that there are several reports on the inaccuracies of this vehicle’s armour:

23 Likes

Namer is known to be the best protected APC right now and weighs more than most MBTs while having a remotely operated autocannon instead of a proper turret, that weight certainly went into increasing armor.

5 Likes

Didn´t know IDF crews were so heavy!
Jokes aside, armor and weight in this vehicle makes no sense with his real life counterpart

12 Likes

Now Namer is 600 kg lighter than Merkava Mk.4.
While missing a 27 ton turret.
While both of them are lolpennable by 3BM42.

What a joke. Just make Merkava Mk.4 be 80 tons as the IDF officially states it is, make them both vehicles’ composite modules immune to 3BM60 (and even better when it comes to turret cheeks) and call it a day.

15 Likes

The weight is being increased due to a bug report: Community Bug Reporting System

However, the reporter only provided sources for the weight and not armour of the vehicle.

3 Likes

Sure, that is one report that got implemented in the game quite quickly. But if that is the correct weight, then it is fine.

But what about those other 4 reports I posted in my opening comment? (I am sure there are even more in the bug report site)?

There is indeed enough material to work and improve the armour situation, and this dev server would be a good opportunity in my opinion.

6 Likes

Maybe it would be more difficult and time consuming to model than a simple increase in the weight, or the developers are still looking for more confirmation. I can’t say that I know much about that.

It’s always the same story

If bug fix involves nerf = instant fix
If bug fix involves buff = good luck

For example, Challenger 3 (TD); they were SO FAST to reduce the engine power from 1,500 to 1,200… barely a few days after the report. Yet they haven’t fixed it yet from 1,200 to 1,217, the actual value it should be.

And they can’t say “it’s because one fix is easier than the other” because both are exactly the same; changing engine up value.

Or M735; it took them a couple of days to nerf it based on a wrong report… yet it’s been A YEAR since, immediately afterwards, a correct report was made- AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT.

Same goes for everything else, same criteria.

11 Likes

I need a dev to explain to me how a turretless APC and a MBT share roughly the same weight. Please.

Indeed, it is quite disheartening.

What got my hopes up was the leak in the previous weeks about the weight increase, which hinted at a plausible improvement of the armour.
I guess it was just a hint and nothing more.

Still, it would be nice to have a comment by someone of the staff.

1 Like

Gaijin must hate Israeli TT or something with how they treat their armor, bug reports, and hate using reason and logic for any Israeli vehicle stat.

this must be how they feel about them (joke, plez dont kill me mods)

Yeah and we still dont have an anti-air system on top tier. Alot of vehicles overBRed:

• Netz - worse then F-16A in attack munitions and worse then adf in air-to-air munitions but having adf battle rating
  • F-16D - worse then F-16C from usa in every single case
  • Baz Meshupar - just a lol-jet without tws or radar hmd
  • imp. chaparral on a br of a strela with 16G missile struggling to hit a target if it decide to turn around (smokeless motor cant be fixed for months now)
  • mk4 being worse top tier mbt and not even getting 5s reload rate (meanwhile abrams getting 5s while being better mbt in every aspect)
  • namer loosing its ammo after any hit to its turret. Cant hold 30mm even frontally. Loses ability to shoot its joke canon after any penetration while 2s38 eating 2 apfsds with its hull instead of 1 after rescent module system changes. Fair enough.

Gaijin added not necessary r-27er to mig29 wich is historically inaccurate as a “conventionality of modernization” (not sure if its right translation, original bugreport is in russian) but cant give agm-65D to “attack version of f-16” - Barak II.

Even if you dont care about all the reports regarding merkavas armor, just give it unpenetratable turret cheeks. It wont be any stronger then leopards with spall liners and armored UFP/LFP. Russian mbts still eating shells with its ammo without any problems and dont have a proper spall.

Sorry, but im just tired of this treatment to Israeli tech tree.

6 Likes

at this point I think Israel should just be merged with US TT.

No clue why they made Isreal its own TT tbh if they are gunna treat it like they currently have.

US tt barely has any gaps to be filled by israeli vehicles and if added then it would have taken all the place that could be useful for other nations.

I do not see why the Namer has to be toned down this much, it’s not like they had to force it to be 10.3 because Israel has a good lineup.
It is actually the opposite, there is nothing (except the Drakon) at that BR, so either you push the Namer at 11.0/11.3 or you bring 9.3 vehicles at 10.3
This situation makes no sense.

Nobody plays it because its vehicles are weak. Because of that average Israeli player is way better then average major nation player (according to thunderskill, Mk4 LIC have like 4.4 KD, while leo or bvm - around 1.5), so gaijin wont buff merkavas - its perfectly balanced in their eyes.

So we literally have rounded circle here. Israeli vehicles are bad so 0.5 guys wont come and ruin their kd and make gaijin buff it. Meanwhile major nations attracting worse players and gaijin keeps adding OP staff to them and buffing existing vehicles. So there is no point for gaijin to spend resourses on Israeli TT because they probably wont sell many premium packs for it.

To break this circle gaijin have to do few things:

1. dedicate 1 or 2 major patches to Israeli TT
  2. add some sort of clone vehicle subtree like Finland - extremely easy to do without a need of extra resourses
  3. just give merkavas armored turret cheeks so it would be able to play from landscape
4 Likes

im happy to see that im not alone, but still sad cuz they most likely dont do a thing(

This is the typical minor nation situation.

I main both Italy and Israel and Italy used to be in the same situation as Israel is right now (although Israel is in a worse state).
What made the situation better was the addition of better vehicles with some unique features, one of these was the Freccia with Spikes.

If they were to add something cool, strong, unique to this TT, and there are many suggestions about those, it would help indeed.
Frankly, the Namer could have been one of those additions. It could have been the toughest IFV in the whole game and attract interest.
Instead we this half baked IFV that has mediocre armament and mediocre armour.

Oh wow… such an improvement in armor…
10 whole mms…

2 Likes

I think until the armor thing gets sorted out, the weight should be reduced to about 30 tons.