Namer 30 - General Discussion

Huh, I’ve never seen that one before…
It looks like it uses the older version of RCWS-30

it is on M113 i guest

this is a completly different turret where they added the RCWS-30 turret to the Namer, opposed to the newer version I think you’re seeing

Shot 4 spikes on M-901 in testtdrive with KF-41 from the aps test-circle, got 4 “hit” lmao…

1 Like

And the funnier part is that I’m pretty sure it’s only one of the two layers that actually got damaged

3 Likes

Merkava is far less armored and when combined with its ginormous size it significantly decreases survivability since you get spotted easier and ant shot in the fighting compartment will critically damage or destroy you. Additionally the only real measureable advantage the Merk 3 has over the T90A is the reverse speed. Its optics are worse, both zoom and quality wise. It also lacks its ATGM and the M339 is currently modeled incorrectly so your anti soft armor capabilities are rather poor compared to the T90A that gets both a tandem ATGM and a powerful fragmentation shell

3 Likes

And gun handling, reload speed, hell survivability even.

The T-90A is just a giant skill check in game. It’s a really bad vehicle with only 1 redeeming quality: armor. That redeeming quality just happens to be something casual players really struggle against.

I would personally pick the Mk.3s every time over the T-90A. The armor just doesn’t make up for every other massive disadvantage.

Completely ignoring the amazing optics with gen 3 thermals

2 Likes

Gen 2 thermals, but fine even if you count that as a second advantage, it just doesn’t compensate for the cripplingly bad gun handling, horrible reverse, non existent gun depression and slower reload.

Far too often I shoot a T-90, T-72, and T-80 variant in the sides and some module eats the shell entirely before it reaches the ammo. Takes 2 seconds to rotate the turret in my direction, shoot, and kill with 1 shot. Meanwhile I’m not even halfway through the reload.

Soviet tanks have OP protection, while Merkavas, Leopards, Abrams, and possibly others have artificially nerfed APFSDS shells.
T-tanks are so easy to play with. And I do have them. Feels disgusting to even play them, knowing I have an unfair advantage.

5 Likes

T-80s I could agree, but I one shot T-90s and T-72s 8-9 out of 10 times when I shoot them in the side.

1 Like

i have on problem like that. 2-3 is more then enough to kill T’s series for me. even in the front. T’s series is easy to kill if that area doesn’t have ERA or sometime APSFDS is ignore that thing.

I’d not be too quick to guess, I’ve seen an FV432 with the same RWS.

2 Likes

It is an early variant of the same RCWS from all the brochures I’ve found

Except in a hull down position, or when turning corners. Stupid easy for someone to set you on fire where you can’t shoot back, and they’ll eventually eat your driver as well.

I mean, you are literally using a 9.3 hull at 11.0, and even at 9.3 that armor gets penned like butter. Not to mention the 800mm tandem ATGM that you can shoot in the T-90A. Plus with all the 11.3’s and 11.7’s, you’re going to get uptiered more as an 11.0 than you would as a 10.7.

On top of this as a side, you have nothing to fall back on because of the horrible BR jump from 9.3 to 11.0. If you die in the T-90A your shell goes from 580mm to 457. In the MK3 your shell goes from 589 to 408, and your reload gets worse. The merkava’s also have a bigger profile than the T-90A, so there’s that too.

(they almost have the same shell)
Pros of merkava: better reverse, better turret traverse, better max reload, smokes, slightly better acceleration, better depression.
Pros of T-90A: better armor, better size, has an ATGM, better starting reload, better lineup, lower BR, dozer blade, better optics, better heatfs,

In my honest opinion, the MK3 needs to be 10.7 or 10.3. You can think of it like a 292 actually. Better pen than other vehicles, but instead of being fast like the 292 is, it has better reload. (and less pen of course.)

EDIT: now that I think about it, it is in almost every way a worse abrams. Abrams has more speed, more turret traverse, more pen, better reload…Heck, even the Abrams has a better UFP, cause the angle causes some apfsds to bounce!

2 Likes

Add to the Merkava pros that it has considerably better gun handling (not only depression, just look at the verticle speed).

Also you are really scraping the bottom with the T-90A pros, like who the hell ever uses their dozer blade lmao.

Like I said before, I have no problem with them going down to 10.7. However, and sorry for being blunt here, but anyone who seriously thinks that the Mk.3s should be 10.3 is suffering from some serious skill issues.

2 Likes

Reading this sentence puts so much pain on my heart, pooccian bias is truly something bizarre.

2 Likes

It is a glass cannon though, the only semblence of armor is the super angled turret roof that can bounce hits

“Yes, Merkurva armor is made out of cardboard comrade, trust me comrade my information is reliable comrade”

6 Likes

Yea I know ingame it’s a glass cannon, but it’s so wrong because IRL it is the most armored MBT there is. Gaijin deliberately gave the Merkava Mk.3 shit armor than stuck it with a super late service shell.

At the very least, it should have its shell downgraded to M321 (roughly around 120mm DM33 performance) and promptly moved down to 10.3.

4 Likes