Mystery Japanese Vehicles Thread

Hmmm we would need to keep looking deeper before suggesting.

I forgot about this, so I’m replying now. First off it’s actually the Fuji bid for the MTX and not KHI.

It’s not a scale model since it has a fully finished cockpit with proper gagues fitted. Most mockups basically have a wooden panel with some pictures on it, so like I said, it seems way too detailed for a simple mockup.

Compare that the Kawasaki’s mock up which is very clearly built out of wood.

Japanese mock ups are generally very easy to spot.

Also here is the XT-2 which did fly and looks way less finished than the MT-X

Still I hope we find some evidence that KHI’s KA840 was built at least partially because that seems to be the most heavily armed of the MTX’s, but the Fuji plan is still good with all those rockets.

3 Likes

近接戦闘車

Kinsetsu-Sentou-sha or “Future Wheeled / Close Combat Vehicle”

This thing although it was a cancelled wheeled vehicle project with not too much information on, would be an absolute menace in War Thunder and high-tier battles since it is basically a Type 87 RCV on steroids with a CTA (Cased Telescoped Ammunition) cannon capable of firing 40mm APFSDS rounds at 750 RPM… Which is at the same firing rate as an M2 .50 calibre heavy machine gun which is absolutely bonkers.

This is something that Japan would definitely need to make their high-rank lineups stronger in general.

4 Likes

I made a short Twitter thread on the tank I highlighted in the OP.

https://x.com/Eoseulum/status/1808569505028665724

3 Likes

Chances are the vehicle behind was a Ka-Mi in some of its earliest iterations and or was using a modified Ke-Ni as a reference to imagine better what the Ka-Mi would look like.

I may have an idea for what the M-TX is now

The M-TX was Fuij’s proposal to replace the T-2 competing against Kawasaki’s Design. Ultimately it lost to the Kawasaki model which became the T-4

https://www.forecastinternational.com/archive/disp_pdf.cfm?DACH_RECNO=254

1 Like

Use this:

Searching the website is a treasure trove for many vehicles such as this and the T1S1/T1K1/T1F1.

5 Likes

I swear looking at this picture that I’ve seen it before.

This is why. Might be able to figure out what it is. Chances are it’s some forgotten variant or homebrewed Type-92 variant. Or possibly some other expeditionary like Type-92 design.

1 Like

As I said in the Twitter thread, it’s simply a Ha-Go prototype. I understand the confusion though! :)