Move J7W1 to 5.0

TAS of 300 seems to be best for J7W.
Also, P47M shares a similar climb rate.
Just cause something climbs slower than others doesn’t inherently make it worse.

1 Like

but the p47m can out dogfight the bf109s (especially at slow speed if they don’t use pitch control), while the j7w1 can’t out dogfight anything. Even the Ta152C on it’s awful new flight model, can out dogfight the j7w1. J7W1 doesn’t even have the nose authority nor the effective shell range to kill people after you miraculously made them overshoot.

1 Like

Sounds like a skill issue, this plane is easily one of my favourite aircraft, it is so good.

1 Like

sounds like a skill issue
How?

i’m literally better than you on it and have twice the experience.

1 Like

ok cool, idc, I never claimed to be better, I just said it’s my favourite, because it is genuinely good, it fits my playstyle and it works for me. I don’t see a problem with it’s BR placement, as putting it down more will break it completely, could you imagine facing 4.0s in it? It would massacre them

by saying “skill issue” you’re implying that the person you’re answering is worse than you. You’re not doing well enough on it to see how it “would break” performance wise. People at 4.0 is stupid. The plane has no nose authority at all, it flails around nose up and down without having any dampened responsiveness, it’s twin boom makes it impossible to nose onto people doing split S. The Re2005 is basically a 4.3 spitfire Mk9 that doesn’t compress but at 5.0 and it’s still better than this thing, holy cow dude.

If it’s bad why flying in that thing?? You don’t have enough planes at 4.0 Japanese??

4.0 BR it’s quite well balanced. Don’t request trash balance existing there

What are you trying to say???

I just tested the P-47M with AEC and with optimum MEC settings (it actually performs slightly better if you use 85% prop pitch instead of 100%, on top of needing a lot less radiators, so 85% prop pitch, 99% mixture, 0% radiators, and yes, P-47s are one of the few planes in the game where you actually have to manage mixture at different altitudes to maintain performance) and climbing at 300 km/h IAS, it achieved 24 and 24.2 m/s respectively.

Meanwhile the J7W1, also climbing at 300 km/h IAS, MEC with 0% radiators and the rest on automatic, did 19.2 m/s. Not even 20 m/s. Should point out both the P-47M and J7W1 were on minimum fuel.

Keep in mind the P-47M has a turbocharger, instead of a supercharger like that on the J7W1. It’s faster in level flight at all altitudes, even if only slightly, has better climb rate at all altitudes (and not by little if this test is any indicator), and has superior handling particularly at lower speeds. And it’s also lower BR, at 5.7.

While you are correct, that is also a gross misrepresentation of the main point I’ve made about the J7W1.

Climb rate is not the only lacking part of the J7W1, it’s overall flight performance is just not good, climb rate simply being one of those aspects, among others like level flight speed and turn.

1 Like

I’ll trust you on flight performance, largely cause I will never have experience with these types of aircraft in matches due to them being very ugly to me.

take the re2005, it climbs even worse, yet it’s cracked once someone gets close to you. That makes the re2005 good if people engage, you can dodge any day at any speed.

1 Like

Have you ever considered looking in irl where and what its role was meant to be in WW2? Give you a hint it wasn’t a fighter.

Re2005 climbs faster.

But… It cant even act in its meant role. This thing needs airspawn for that

2 Likes

But you’re still far from being good with it,…
You barely register a 1.3KD

I do 1.8 KD with slight more battles dones

Who said it should magically fly up fast? it was meant to dive.

i guess diving into the ground is an option.
good one.

2 Likes

Wrong it was made to intercept bombers like B-29.

So it should be able to climb fast in order to reach those aircrafts at time they’re picked on Land Radar

2 Likes

So to dive… you need to climb up. And you cant do it in this plane

1 Like

It seems to be a you issue since I climb in it perfectly fine Perhaps quit trying to climb at a 90-degree angle vertically and you will be fine. Or learn what a shallow climb is.