Mitsubishi F-2

I don’t think it did, but I can still see three different main production F-2As being added.

• F-2A with J/APG-1 radar but no J/ARG-1, armed with AAM-3 and AIM-7M missiles
  • F-2A with J/APG-1 radar and J/ARG-1, armed with AAM-3 and AAM-4 missiles
  • F-2A with J/APG-2 radar and J/ARG-1, armed with AAM-5B and AAM-4B missiles

Maybe the second one could get AAM-5, depending on how much IR missiles will matter in the meta now. It’s easily one of the worlds best IR missiles, very similar to IRIS-T, but when those are only rarely used anyways I can see it getting them.

1 Like

Knowing gaijin AAM-5 will be close to current R-73 performance and 5B being the “IRIS-T” equivalent for Japan.

3 Likes

I don’t want to say the F-2 is inevitable this year since Thai sub-tree is a perfect excuse to push it further by “filling gaps” at top tier as well.

However, if they do add the F-2, at this point, I hope it’s the later version with J/ARG-1 and AAM-4. I think now the early variant with AIM-7M would be just outdated as the meta has shifted. The AESA radar is the only unknown but if they can artificially make chaff and notching stronger, I’m sure they’ll make AESA weaker. I mean look at what they did to the AAM-4 lol, why wouldn’t they just bring in something nerfed to unnerf later just to give us something.

I’m not even expecting the AAM-5 but who knows. I do also hope we get the HMD version with also sniper pod and L-JDAMs so at least ground RB is complete.

6 Likes

They most likely gonna gimp AESA radar in line with PESA, since the only known AESA radar from USSR is on the MiG-35 or Su-57, which i think is a leap too far since there’s more plane before the MiG-35.

Still want the AAM-4B though, screw CAS in GRB, if they can play point & click adventures, why not include CAP too 🤣

3 Likes

That sounds really dumb, but considering the way they handle AAM-4 I wouldn’t be too surprised.

Then again an R-73 like AAM-5 would make a BTT, IR/UV AAM-3 (which are changes Gaijin is aware of and likely will do sometime in the future) just blatantly outclass its successor.
That is assuming Gaijin models BTT as the missiles dual plane maneuverability of ~×1.4 single plane though.They might just go “it rolls now, fixed” and otherwise leave it as is.

1 Like

IMG_1882
Surely senor refers to sensorview, and is gaijin preparing to add f2

Isn’t it just a text for RAM mod of AN/APG-63 PSP?

Yea

:(
Dashed my hopes in less than a minute

1 Like

When do you guys think AESA and 4.5 gen planes will come? the F-2 seems to be bridging the gap between standard F16s and Eurofighters of that generation…

Also, is the Japan tree worth grinding for an F15, two F16s and a Gripen (1 F16 and Gripen via Thailand)? Cuz all I see for the future is the F2, F15 JSI, and 2 F35s (A/B) with more advanced AMRAAMs and maybe JATMs

Well F-2 is unique in that the only thing making it 4.5 gen for WT is the radar. Otherwise it’s more or less a better F-16C Block 50. In addition, AESA is already modeled with the ASRAD-R many years ago.

With those being into consideration, I think any time honestly this year, which we have 3 more updates.

Considering Germany also needs a Gen 4 Fox 3 slinger with is most likely going to be some Eurofighter, I would expect the latest to be this December.

Asrad aesa seems more like pesa, it’s just fast like the pantsir, there’s no multiple beams coming from the radar

The ASRAD has an AESA, it doesn’t seem that way, as the beam changes target point every 0.123 milliseconds. It scans 8100 such target points in the 360° search pattern.

Pantsir also can scan super fast just like asrad, but iirc, aesa has a control unit on every t/r module to create tons of individual beams

Do we expect them to model AESA any differently, at least initially?

Gaijin has free reign to do what they want. Just look at how they handled the AAM-4, for example.

Sad going through this thread seeing everyone talking about AAM-4 when it is now in the game and is just a copy pasted MICA with twice the weight and a max effective range of about 15km lol

It is now “better” than that in that it’s a copy-pasted AIM-120A that’s heavier and a little less maneuverable.

But yes, it just goes to show that we shouldn’t expect AESA or really anything to function remotely accurate to IRL because at the end of the day it’s a game and anything goes. All that is to say, F-2 could come anytime now, hopefully sooner rather than later.