Mitsubishi F-2

I’ve been working on another big thread that’s why I haven’t updated this one will get back to it soon.

They would have to change the radar right? To use AMRAAMS?

Afaik yes, but since the in-game F-16AJ is made up by them, they can do what ever they want with it and I don´t see a reason to not give it AIM-120s when the time comes.

1 Like

i thought parts of it were made up as the japanese version was a prototype that never happened?

Updated thread a bit

• removed AAM-4 and AAM-5 from the F-2 early since it seems it lacked J/ARG-1 transmitter to guide the AAM-4 and also it seems like no AAM-5s were present on those F-2s. But further research can be made to determine if it can use it.

• Late F-2s received J/ARG-1 thus both AAM-4s are compatible we also start seeing AAM-5s on them around that time.

1 Like

Overall, it goes like this;

• F-2A/B ‘Early’: AIM-9L, AAM-3, AIM-7M, GSC-1, ASM-1, ASM-2
  • F-2A/B: adds AAM-4A and AAM-5A as well as GBU-38 JDAM
  • F-2A ‘Late’: adds J/APG-2 Radar, AN/AAQ-33, AAM-4B, AAM-5B, ASM-3A and GBU-54 L-JDAM

F-2B were afaik not upgraded to the ‘Late’ service standards except the F-2B ADTW #63-8102 (suggestion is already done for that one)

There is afaik also an air-launched cruise missile coming to the F-2 but it hasn´t been tested or anything yet.

1 Like

Updated again made a “new info” section.

1 Like

2 Likes

Good blog post that shows all the different systems and weapons and upgrade plans

2 Likes

Hey I’m interested in the discord.
PM me if needed!

500lb bombs and AIM-9L

2 Likes

UPDATE Suggestions now open!
Added F-2A late suggestion
Added F-2B suggestion
Added F-2B R2-D2 suggestion

3 Likes

One more F-2 suggestion sometime this week, cuz I work on something, but too early to talk about it ))))

1 Like

The sooner we get to BR 13.0 aircraft the sooner we can have this baby.

2 Likes

Yes! though curious if we might see an XF-2A or early F-2 with sparrows by at least next year?

1 Like

That’s still an AESA radar so eh… probably not.
BUT, F-2 will be the first AESA radar aircraft in-game so… a lot to look forward to.

1 Like

*Added F-2A early suggestion

2 Likes

@Fireraid233 F-2A Early no integrated infrared AAM-5 & active radar homing AAM-4. Is it true ?

And J/AAQ-2 FLIR pod. it’s targeting pod ?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

B3OKGZcIAAAMi0D.jpg.f350900bf49d168af9672e17b8531121

Its true.

J/AAQ-2 is a FLIR pod, no targeting pod.

I think it’s good because gaijin might not ready modern all-aspect IR AAM-5 & ARH AAM-4 this year

J/AAQ-2 FLIR pod look alike LANTIRN AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod