Mitsubishi F-15J

You know, it would be a better world if Gaijin came out and told us why certain changes are being made: sometimes they do it for balance? Was it not enough info? They crunched numbers a certain way? I have no idea.

It’s very frustrating because for the community it’s like talking to a wall because they never tell us these things unless there’s a huge uproar about one specific thing in the game, then maybe they’ll come out of their corporate offices to make an announcement to quell the rioting. Otherwise, they’ll hide in their offices and hope it all blows over and forget about fixing a thing that was a sore issue 5 updates ago, or just leave it on the backburner that it pretty much gets addressed when it’s long past its heyday.

1 Like

Wait, they didn’t fix bugs other than nerf?

Please remove the AIM-9M and make it AAM-3…

No, they should remove aim-9L first.

Actually, that would be best, but gaijin is no longer willing to remove 9L. They have the best logic of “they actually deployed them”. Then it would be faster to have them remove the 9M, which they didn’t actually deploy.

Modernized F-15J

Modernized as in what, just another F-15J but this time with missiles?

TWS, HMS, ARH isn’t the difference?

they probably used the 40G pull as the baseline and with the changes in weight and drag, the 40G then became 32G as the missile has more inertia to overcome.

did the performance sheet comparing the 120-C5 and AAM-4 say anything about the turn?

I have no clue, where does the game explain to me what TWS, HMS and ARH are because I have zero clue what that is.

bruuuh

Oh right, I need to be obsessed with this type of plane stuff and just ‘know’.

TWS - Track while scan: allows you to ‘soft-lock’ targets to slave missile seekers to. Also allows to guide ARH missiles without hard locking a target and setting off the RWR

HMS - Helmet Mounted Sight: A system which allows the user to slave radar and missile seeker to pilot’s head movement. In game it just means you can aim where you look instead of pointing the nose at the target.

ARH - Active Radar Homing: A type of radar guidance where there is a seeker on the payload as well and can guide itself autonomously without the radar return from the mothership

hope this helps

2 Likes

Not. you just should say “I don’t understand what is it, can you explain”
But you started to argue to one guy then to another then to gaijin

If you really want to know difference you should just normally ask. Sorry for my angry

Thank you for help

2 Likes

F-15JM changes:
New engines.
New radar.
New weapons.
New systems.
New helmet system.
And likely other changes that I can’t think of at this time.

Best we have is vague statements saying it hits targets at a higher rate than AIM-120B if I remember correctly.

Though there is a bank to turn Sparrow design that went with a similar control setup to the AAM-4 with rear fins that would pull 100G. As a non BTT missile that would mean ~70G.
While I’d say its safe to say that a testbed for BTT maneuverability would be more agile than a service missile meant to perform well at range I still doubt that AAM-4 would do less than half of that.

I’ve also seen it be theorized to be a BTT missile itself based on the warhead setup needing it to at least have the ability to roll, but nothing mpre concrete on that.

But no matter how lacking information is, I am more than certain 32G is incorrect.

2 Likes

In fact, I found a public technical document for AAM4B that describes the effective range in pictures, probably different from AAM4A.
RMIX9MV67RQGH{T~)M9F5M

1 Like

The J/APQ-1 MAWS on the tail and J/APR-4B RWR though Gaijin forgot about both when adding it and the reports were denied.

1 Like

Its from an AAM-4B doc, however completely useless as its 1. censored and 2. not related the base AAM-4 we got now.

Which is unfortunate as the 4B is just a 4 with a AESA seeker but guess that enough to not be valid though

AAM-4B also has increased range over base AAM-4, its unkown how this was realized. Eitherway, the doc is censored and as such useless in this context.

1 Like