Mitsubishi F-15J

The problem isn’t that I don’t understand, the problem is that the game completely fails to explain this, which is why I don’t understand.

Having to preview a vehicle and then open the x-ray and then to hover over the radar, and then do the same for the other F-15 and find the differences, and then somehow having to know what the radar band means, what look-down is and then half a dozen abbreviations that are not explained anywhere.

Instead having to browse the internet for community made guides and videos to find the most basic information.

So when presented with a copy paste looking vehicle which only has an unexplained (M) on it, I don’t know what the difference is beyond the only thing that is actually shown which are the weapons.

Not entirely useless

In case anyone haven’t noticed yet but the F-15J now have AN/APG-63 PSP radar.
Edit: Was just in-game and seems like there been no change other then that it shows it has TWS but either its broken or something but it is still the same radar it had before the update as there was no change.

There is mistake. It is not TWS but RAM

Gotcha, was confused as to why it showed TWS, but still weird as it seems like there’s been no change at all in-game if i understood it correctly.

I hope gajin rename radar AN/APG-63 → AN/APG-63 PSP for third major update (september)

But actually F-15J never used AN/APG-63 PSP radar like F-15A & F-15C Eagle (USAF) and F-15C Baz Meshupar (IAF)

F-15J(M) alt skin @Nagisei

6 Likes

I like it but im sad we still didnt get a buyable aggressor skin with so many to choose frome

1 Like

Yea I saw, it’s alright but I like spaz said, I’d love some kind of aggressor skin. Personally, some kind of blue skin that’s not crazy with emblems and writing so I can put my own on there.

2 Likes

Was wondering, How many AAM-4s can the F15J(M) actually mount? is it just the 4 as is currently or is it higher?.

4, AAM4 is heavier

1 Like

Has anyone tested the AAM-4 today? It got changed its range is accurate its weight seems to have gotten fixed as well and ofc it pulls less

There were no changes to it today, tested it multiple times yesterday after all the changes came.

2 Likes

Never noticed the changes yesterday, cheers though

So, there is no J/APQ-1 on the in-game version of the F-15J(M)? We should make a bugreport, I guess

Spoiler

There are two already (one internal).

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4axnlbjAbCbD

Yeah, but it looks like they “forgot” about it

Datamine for AAM-4, just found it from reddit

Spoiler

2.37.0.9 → 2.37.0.10

AAM-4:
◦ Length: 3.1 ->3.667 m
◦ Drag coefficient: 1.6 → 1.55
◦ Wing area multiplier: 1.4 → 1.275
◦ Max fin AoA: 36° → 33.94413°
◦ Max fin lateral acceleration: 45 → 33.9305 m/s2
◦ Mass: 223-> 222 kg
◦ Mass at end of booster burn: 88.3 → 155 kg
◦ Force of booster: 20250-> 20100 N
◦ Burn time of booster: 2.75 ->7.5s
◦ 10720 N 4 s sustainer removed
◦ Guidance duration:80 > 100s
◦ Max flight distance: 80 → 100 km
◦ Explosive: 7.665711 kg PBXN-110 (9.81211008 kg
TNTe) → 12.64 kg PBXN-102 (16,1792 kg TNTe)
◦ Transmitter: angle of half sensitivity: 7.5°-> 15°
◦ Receiver: angle of half sensitivity: 7.5° → 15°
◦ Doppler speed refwidth: 100 → 80
◦ Max G-load: 40 → 32
◦ PID proportional term: 0.0016 → 0.0191
◦ PID integral term: 0.0251 → 0.0075
◦ PID derivative term: 0.0006 → 0.00045
◦ Added guidance tables

this in the game yet?

1 Like

It is, and what @WreckingAres283 has already tested. We’re waiting for more changes, if they’ll happen, after the update bugs are fixed.

3 Likes

Noice
Not getting my M yet but if i can yeet this from across the map in GRB against CAS I’m happy already