Mitsubishi F-15J

Maybe we can put it as a suggestion but im not aware of any sources about j/apr-4b performance to back it up

1 Like

Without sources I doubt the suggestion would go anywhere, unfortunately.

I’d hope they’d at least logically conclude that upgraded RWRs would be better than predecessor, especially when it comes to sensors. I know not all upgrades are performance related and could be maintenance ease and such but gameplay first, ya know.

Looks like AAM-4 is still inferior to AIM-120A, at least in speed.

Firing it in the test flight, even firing the AAM-4 first, the AIM-120A overtakes it and hits the target before AAM-4 reaches it by a good few seconds, and this is only 13 km ish range.

I also noticed the AIM-120A still burns longer than the AAM-4.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

It’s shocking that the AAM-4 booster was implemented in this implementation with the AAM-4 booster set up as a MICA C&P, don’t you think that’s physically wrong?
What makes this a missile equivalent to the AIM-120C-5?

Are these the latest test results?

Yea, on live server.

It was crazy, I don’t know how to say.

It looks like we need half a year to fix the bugs

3 Likes

Anyway, at least the paint is right :D

If I say in my issue report that the performance of the AAM-4 is wrong, it is obvious that I will be asked to ‘give the exact values.’ So, could I at least write a report stating that ‘it is wrong to copy the performance of the MICA and AIM-120 to the AAM-4, which has entirely different size and weight, and that the values should be copied from the AIM-7F, which has almost the same dimensions’? Would this increase the likelihood of it being corrected?

Apparently some changes are gonna happen Soon ™

In short, better motor, less pull, worse seeker. Atleast if data mine is correct, expected numbers (if im not wrong) should be ~800m/s ΔV after booster.

1 Like

Thanks for telling me, I hope it has some advantages over the AIM-120 as per historical facts… please.

What even is a F-15J (M) ?

Modernized F-15J

Still things wrong and I would really like to know where the 32G come from.
I will test these changes and compare it to AIM-120B.

6 Likes

I agree, this seems like another situation where they are gimping it for little reason. Atleast it has a better engine.

4 Likes

You know, it would be a better world if Gaijin came out and told us why certain changes are being made: sometimes they do it for balance? Was it not enough info? They crunched numbers a certain way? I have no idea.

It’s very frustrating because for the community it’s like talking to a wall because they never tell us these things unless there’s a huge uproar about one specific thing in the game, then maybe they’ll come out of their corporate offices to make an announcement to quell the rioting. Otherwise, they’ll hide in their offices and hope it all blows over and forget about fixing a thing that was a sore issue 5 updates ago, or just leave it on the backburner that it pretty much gets addressed when it’s long past its heyday.

1 Like

Wait, they didn’t fix bugs other than nerf?

Please remove the AIM-9M and make it AAM-3…

No, they should remove aim-9L first.