Missile stuff

It depends on the situation, I would simply say that the MICA IR is probably not far from first place, the missile runs 50G with TVC + guidance via data-link, theoretically the missile at 80km distance can be fired via the position given by the data-link then locks its target with the thermal sensor

1 Like

Can’t the python 5 still track when the target is behind it?

yes, it has 360° view

I’m going to start grinding isreal and USA rn

Can you look at my object 477 post?

Trust me you’ll suffer grinding Israel

Ik but I want to get the merkava or however you spell it

Iirc its an R-73 derivative for the Su-57. So idk if it actually is in its own category that much in that its the same category of the R-73. A short range self defense missile.

No it doesn’t have a “360°” view.
The missile doesn’t have a 360° seeker.
The most it has is a ±100° gimbal which means a 200° view (witch is already the best worldwide).

The Python 5 has 360° ENGAGEMENT capabilities. Which means you can shoot at a target behind you (ie at more thean 90° to the side).

How can it achieve that:

• Datalink and inertial navigation.

Indeed the missile get information from another figther radar or from the radar rwr for exemple that there is an ennemy behind you. The missile is capable of LOAL (Lock On After Launch) which means the missile can be launched even if the sensor isn’t seing anything yet.
Loal is necessary if you want to have a real 360° capability.

Some missile can do a 180° degree turn and indeed be “360” but they have to lock on the ennemy in front of the sensor and the high turning of the missile can make it do a 180°.
You probably already saw videos of the R-73 shooting at an ennemy coming at you just for it do to a 180° turn.

Anyways, the “360” engagment capability is not something unique to the Python 5 since all “5th” gen missile have this capability. Some of those missile are: MICA IR, ASRAAM, AIM-9X Blk2/ IRIS-T/ AAM-5/R-74M2 (which lack a FPA seeker to be truly called 5th gen but it has LOAL).

2 Likes

Ty

IRIS-T or R-74M2

Off topic, but can anyone here grab location off of these photos, I kinda wanna get this tank while russia is distracted
IMG_2833
IMG_2832

It was made for the Su-57 but its the best russian missile available.
It’s indeed a derivative of the R-73 but it evolved quite a bit since the “basic” R-73 we have in game rn.

• More range (65% upgrade)
  • Better seeker (dual color and a lot more modern)
  • Better maneuvrabilty (60g )

At 50km it has longuer range than the Python 5, the IRIS-T, the AIM-9X Blck 2, the AAM-5 ect. It match the ASRAAM.

1 Like

You should try to ask it on thread which talk a lot of on russian tanks.

Or just go in off topic since a bunch of people there are tank expert:

1 Like

Mb, ty

25km of range is short? Maybe I’m thinking of the Swedish IRIS-T ER.

From what I know IRIS-T looses a lot of effectiveness past 10-15km. ASRAAM if effective up to 30-40km

Yes that’s what i mean, just very, very dumbed down

For reference the AIM-9L has 18km max range. So its “only” a 40% upgrade.
Which means when you fire the 9L at 3km from the side of your target at low altitude, you can do the same for the IRIS-T at 4km. While a 9X could be launched 5km, a ASRAAM at up to 8km and the MICA IR at 10km.

So while its better than what we currently have in game, its still inferior to other last gen missiles.

Never heard of it.
Aren’t you mixing it with the IRIS-T SLS?
If so then the IRIS-T SLS (which is the IRIS-T launched from the ground) has up to 10km range and 6km altitude when launched vertically and 12km range and 6km altitude when launched already in the direction of its target.

Sweden has interchanged their IRIS-T and Germany’s IRIS-T, I guess I’m thinking of the SL?