Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Hmm this discussion is now scary for the Mirage 4000 as some sources that are “official” namely the book of Mirage 4000 history versus the former engineer sources. I’m now affraid during dev server season some ill mannered France haters will try to pick infos to say “Mirage 4000 was never armed from this book source” and the other side will just have to replicate with “It had armament planed see those schemas and photos”. Help

Idk why ud be worried lol. The aircraft is pretty clearly gonna be busted and if added it’ll be added with theoretical systems and loadouts

Gaijin went ahead with the Yak and it turned out fine, they’ll pull trough with the Mirage 4000.
The Mirage will be a lot less controversial than the Yak since it’s not Soviet/Russian.
Let’s not forget that it’s going to mount at best the same weapons as the Mirage 2000, and provided they’re not getting any significant changes, they’re really not the meta defining sort.

Well apart Magic-2 which still await for 50g dual plane maneuvrability,… but apart from that, it’s not in BVR that this aircraft will change anything.

It does have a good TWR ratio, and might be able to turn tighter than F-15/MiG-29/F-16,… but that’s basically it.

Magic 2 are already incredibly strong and BVR is dead in the water as long as gaijin continues with their idiotic modelling of multipath.

The best TWR, delta wing aerodynamic, low wing loading, and large missile loads with theoretical avionics. Its likely to just crush everything in-game WVR, and by FAR.

1 Like

well, I’m pretty excitied now. M4000 is right in front of us, isn’t it?
very curioused about how gaijin will arm this beauty of dassault.

Should be strong indeed, although its T/W isn’t better than the F15 and Su 27, it’s even slightly worse.
It will also likely lack an HMD, which is quite a big deal in the current way top tier is played.

Its lowest combat TWR according to the suggestion post (M53-2 engines) would be very slightly inferior to the F-15C’s TWR. With the M53-5 or the M53-P2 it should exceed it.

Yeah but delta wing will make it a superior fighter than both the f15 and su27. And the delta wing also helps a lot doing high AOA maneuvers to lock a target without HMD, so while it’s going to be somewhat problematic, it won’t be anywhere near as problematic as the f16 for example

And M53 also benefits from its low fuel consumption. We’ll have to see what sources GJ chooses to trust regarding the empty weight. Be also aware that M53-P2 suffers from more “installed” power loss than its american and russian counterparts, at least when it comes to GJ’s modelling. So theoretical T/W comparisons won’t exactly translate to the game

Yes I’m convinced it will be very strong, and I’ve probably never been so hyped about a potential WT addition

inb4 the leak list is wrong and it never comes

1 Like

A thing I see nobody talking about is, where would the M4K fit in the tech tree?

I only see it in a folder with either C-S5 or -5F, it would be strange to go from M2K airframe, to M4K airframe, back to M2K airframe, given once MICAs are here, the -5F will be higher BR than M4K.

They can just put it after the F-8E. It’s not like those two left lines have any meaning left

oh yea I had not thought of that, that makes the most sense I guess. I never even think about that line XD

1 Like

I would rather think about it being below the Mirage F1CT, because the F-8E is the naval line, so i think that it will be the Rafale M that will be after the F8E, but i can be wrong ^^

2 Likes

Yep, I would ber the F1C line, just because it will also be a menace in ground RB as well

150 bap 100? dont mind if i do

Are we ever going to see this gun pod for the upgraded M2000D in the future?

it could be usefull in ground RB…

1 Like

Fun fact, that gun pod is already in the files, but it is hidden. So there’s a strong chance Gaijin is already planning the Mirage 2000D-RMV which the gunpod comes with.

1 Like