Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

It would be MICAs on Mirage 2000 5F.
& Mirage 4000 with be SARHs at best.
Rafale can be the advanced ARH carrier later on.

@Hannut59267
The meta loadout will be 6x Magic 2s + 2x Super 530s tho, it’ll be nice, and overall better than a MICA EM lacking Mirage 2000 5F.
Then when 2000 5F finally becomes useful & a higher BR then 4000 will be a good replacement to the 12.3 position.

I think it is likely to see the Mirage 2000D RMV in the March update ^^

I hope they give the M4000 x8 magics, 4 on pilons and 4 on two tanks, and 2x R530D (10 missiles in total). It’s a good idea considering it will face the F-15, the SU-27, two missile trucks with better long range missiles.

Radar missiles are easier to defeat than IR missiles.
That and coding for a drop tank I feel isn’t necessary.
Mirage 4000 is already the French F-15 without 10 missiles.
& Su-27 is slower than F-15 due to its weapon mass & drag.

1 Like

I mean, F-16 and the Mig-29 have both 2 more missiles compared to the Mirage 2000 in war thunder right now. Why should 2 more missiles on the M4000 be game breaking since its been done before? Whilst the M4000 might have more missiles, its still a Delta wing that will suffer when dogfighting or just normal turning, so it does have down sides too.

Agreed. At some point we even had the MiG 23 and F4s with 6 missiles while the mirage IIIE as France’s top tier only had 3. I would not be shocked at seeing a mirage 4000 with up to 10 AAM against other platforms with 8.

1 Like

It’s not that it’s game breaking, it’s that it’s a feature that might not be necessary to add.
As for the “Muh delta bleed”, it’s no where near as bad as you think.
Let’s bring Mirage 2000 into this. It dogfights better than Mig-29 IRL, DCS, and War Thunder.
Its engine only produces ~10,000kgf, BUT its mass is also ~10,000kg so it dogfights well.
Delta wing aircraft didn’t bleed speed inherently from the wing design, they bleed speed because of the drag-mass-thrust ratios, and possibly/probably other minor details.
French deltas were underpowered until Mirage 2000, and Mirage 4000 adds even more power with 20,000kgf of thrust from two engines.

The Mirage 2000 bleeds less speed than the Mig-29, despite it being a delta.
Mirage 4000 will likely bleed even less speed.

Well,… yes and no,…

Those informations would be interesting when both you and ennemy are out of missile/going for gun kill

In the meantime, the more missile you have the easiest it become to kill,…

Even today with IRCCM, we often need more than one missile to get a kill,… therefore in Mirage 2000C situation 4 missiles are(with 2 SARH not as accurate/useful than others SARH missile) is not something you want.

Even more considering the HOBS-HMD which is completely negating the problem to bleeding energy, as R-73 can literally ignore up to 40° offset,…

So, as your ennemy bleeds more → you end up going in front of him, within a scissor.
And you might wanna climb to get out of it, since he have less energy → he can still pull AoA, shoot in Off-Boresight his R-73, and you’re dead because you’re climbing (likely with Afterburner+ lowerspeed than required to dodge)

Next year I might expect gaijin add Mirage 2000D-R2 after Mirage 2000D-R1 but before Mirage 2000D-RMV

I don’t think the that the 2000D-R2 will be added because it make more sense to skip directly to the 2000D RMV, that is able to take a new gunpod and two MICA missiles. The R2 would be too redundant whith the R1 to be interesting and would be obsolete really fast, because the MICA is not that far away now.

1 Like

But next year gaijin not ready introduced stand-off long range early Air-launched cruise missile for 3rd gen & 4th gen aircraft ?

Mirage 2000D-RMV equipped subsonic long-range Air-launched cruise missile

Gaijin ready consider early 5th generation infrared Air-to-Air Missile next year ?

Stand off weapons would have 0 utility for GRB,… the most potential type of bombs would be Fully GPS bombs or HARM missiles,… but both needs to be worked out.

and that is something that Su-27 and F-15 can’t have. I believe both of those aircraft would be very fuel hungry, like how it happens in the MiG-29 and F-16 respectively. It’s pretty much can stay in fight longer than both of those while retaining good fuel efficiency and competitive TWR.

1 Like

Well boys, the M4k is confirmed, I’ll be happy as long as they don’t go over the top and give it the rdy and hmd

2 Likes

NExt major update trailer is OUT now ! M4000 confirmed !
as well as SU27 and F15 eagle

2 Likes

I love how the 4000 only is shown for <2 seconds and features the magic (2?) as its only weapon. Still, at least it got some screen time

I’m convince that they’re stil working on the load out. hopefully with MICA added to the M2K5 and new loadout for the M4K. just have a look at the SU 27… it’s insane gaijin let install more than 6 R27ER… how are we supposed to manage this with magic and 530D xD

50 G, 0.45° IFOV IRCCM take it or leave it x6 or x8

That would be fantastic, but there’s no guarantee that’s being added this patch, or really at any time. Sure they might have accepted the bug reports but they could just ignore that for the time being. Obviously nothing we say means anything until at least the dev server hits. I’m not holding out much hope either way.

They didn’t need any report to toss ER and ET in game and ruin air and force people to embrace ground