Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Well, you’ll be waiting over 2 years since we’re no where near rank 9.

Speculating too much on Mirage 4000 is quite pointless as this plane is literally a lego kit and Gaijin can assemble it however they want only thing that will be the same for all configs would be the Airframe for tech/weapons it’s up to gaijin to give something good or pure crap.

1 Like

Well this is you’re point of view, Gaijin does not seems to think like that nowadays given what premium they are adding, and i’m glad they do, because it’s a shame to have some unique vehicules that are only available if you spend a ridiculous ammount of money, just for one of them.
In practice very few people will get them just to have them, because the main thing about a premium is not the vehicle, it’s the fact that it allow you to grind faster : this IS the thing you are buying.

Also you should compare the Mirage 4000 to the others planes of it’s class : the F15 and the SU27. Against theses things, it get more complicated to say how the 4000 will do, so yes “maybe competitive”.

What you are complaining about is the next powercreep that will come one day or another with the F15 and the SU27, and i hope that the 4000 will come at the same time to mitigate it for the french tree.

The Mirage 4000 will be either DOA or barely treading water. I’m not holding out any hope outside of using it in ground RB. I sleep until MICA arrives gg france.

It’ll be neither of those things.
Mirage 4000 will be good.
Magic 2 is meta BTW, you just want France to be OP.

3 Likes

Ah yes, this OP France)
condesceending-willy (1)

2 Likes

So,… we have here people that expect

To see MICA on a M4K → delusionnal, never installed whatsoever, and MICA being Classifed, Gaijin will make it another Gimped missile with no accuracy,…

To see M2k-5F avionics → delusionnal, the aircraft is similar to what should have been the Mirage 2000C variants

To see it as premium/event → sadly possible, but,…
Sadly this is the ONLY aircraft that can keep France outside of Rafale until other late Gen 4+ arrives in the game.

So it’s either this aircraft on Techtree, or the addition of Rafale M F.1 / Rafale C F.2 that would be left as possible

To see it an overpowered aircraft:
It can have S.530D and Magic’s-2, in any way it wouldn’t be “OP” considering MICA aren’t a thing for this aircraft, and that it can’t Any Fox-3 (which should be coming soon)
So you either have a good amount of IR missile, or a fair amount of SARH missile that will lead you to your death since FOX-3’s aren’t requiring any guidance to hit and kill.

To see it a DOA plane:
Still not,… the aircraft itself would rely on his ability into close range fights → the TWR + Delta wing + Magic’s-2 would make it fairly capable of being similar to what was the F-5E for it’s own BR → a dogfighter mostly using R.550-II magics,…
(A F-20 tigershark could be compared to the M4K, and would still mostly win since the F-20 would recieve Fox-3’s that Mirage 4000 would/should defend from)

All i see in most comments, is a bunch of crap, ngl and idc for censure at this point.
But you all guys need to understand that i’m disagreeing with your point of views, to me the aircrafts , would be balanced with Mirage 2000C avionic suite, and up to 10 Magic-II ability

1 Like

few days ago I bought ‘Super Mirage 4000 - LE RÊVE INACHEVÉ’ pdf and read it…
there was some interesting photos and storys.

S.M.4000 cockpit

Doesn't have weapon system

900mm of Radar antena

I was unable to find RWR panel in cockpit photo and mention about CM.

If M4000 will introduce to game, it would be like Yak-141.
this is not that happy, but this is truth.

3 Likes

Come on, you don’t have to be rude to make your point, you have your point of view and you have the right to explain it, but stay polite.

The fact is that yes, MICA for the Mirage 4000 is delusionnal, but on the other hand you can’t say “10 magics for the Mirage 4000” when we can clearly see that the fuel tank and 2 magic pod can’t fit in the middle wing pilon without being in conflict with the outer wing one.
Look at theses pictures, look the space between theses two pilon, and look at the space this pod take, it’s not possible unless you violate the laws of physics. However it is possible to take two Super 530 under the fuselage, it fit, and they thinked about it.

Even in a balance point of view, the two Super 530 under the fuselage make sense, it would give the Mirage 4000 4 Super 530 and 4 Magic 2 if we forget the double magic/fuel tank pilon : same setup than the F15. With the double magic pilon it mean 10 missiles, like the Su27, but with 6 Magic and 4 Super 530 instead of the 6 R73 and 4 R27 that can carry the Su27 in a similar configuration, although the Su27 can take 4 R73 and 6 R27 per example, so it is more versatile in it’s choice of weaponry.

2 Likes

This ^

it saying it had a 600mm radar antenna, but that could’ve been raised to 900mm, not that it had a 900mm radar antenna

sorry, I’m not good at french. maybe I was wrong

All good, just figured I should clear things up :)

Wait no, edit, I misread “Mirage 2000” as “Mirage 4000” it actually sounds more like it never had a radar.

The translation is “In the Mirage 2000, we put a radar antenna with a diameter of around 600mm, in the Mirage 4000 we could put an antenna with a diameter of around 900mm, which would’ve offered significant range”

Feel free to pull your own conclusions.

1 Like

The mirage2000-5F sf1-C used the r350D and magic 2

Gimme plans, not pictures,…
I’m a mechanical designer, on that point - none of us rely on pictures -

And basically what you’re giving us is a 6xs.530D and 2 Magic’s-2,… (which never was intended)

If goes by 2 different charts there is no way you can add this,…

Also the TER pod, of MICA intended for 1987, is largely heavier than 2 magic and an empty fuel RPK pod

Intended or not, it can fit on the pilons available, when your 10 magics thing can’t fit, and i would also add that the middle wing pilon was never allowed to get fuel tanks, the plane is quite consistent on that either on all the pictures or the two charts, it was always the two inner wing pilon and the fuselage.

When you can see on that chart and that picture of early 80’s that it is possible to carry theses Super 530 under the fuselage, you have nothing to back up your 10 magic claims. So unless you give something to backup your claim, theses 2 Super 530 under the fuselage are more legitimate that your 10 magic.

1 Like

On another note, the third vehicle (premium German tornado) announced by gaijing also coincide perfectly with the leak lost. I am starting to get somewhat confident that it’s a real leak, mirage 4000 seems more an more likely to me !

From my understanding, to get 10 or 14 magic 2s, they would have relied on a triple magic 2 mounting point, and not the fuel tank mounting system we see on photos. However, this triple point system was not developed in the end I believe, hence why we have no pictures of it, and I would argue would be controversial. I do think your idea of 4 magic 2 and 4 r530 would fit the bill however. And it would be better if they modeled multi path tracking, allowing the missile to hit at lower altitudes easier.
But yeah, su27 and f15 will definitely change the way we play the game at top tier, so I won’t be trusting to much people saying this plane is DOA or OP before we actually know what missiles are coming (or not), and how players will actually play these planes

Still unproven,… but thanks for reading me ^^"

In terms of weight it is even possible to fuel up the Dual magic pod,… by weights estimations of RPK10 250kg empty +kerosene (max is 600l, but it can filled up to the diffenrence, or been used as primary fuel for takeoff and taxiing) and 2 magics 89kg/AAM) vs 3 micas(112kg per AAM) + TER pod (estimation of roughly 350kg)

I need to have the exact plans of the current RPK used on M4k, since it is different and seems lighter from the RPK10, coming from Mirage 5F

Aswell as dimensions, of said RPK, and position of middle and external pylon from one another.

Well it’s up to you to find documentation to back up your claim, not just by proving that it is possible ( really hight doubts on that given the pictures of the plane ) but also by showing that the engineers at Dassault thinked about it.

1 Like