Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Yes, Smin recently commented on it, will be included.

2 Likes

2 BGL-1000 under wings
can-someone-explain-to-me-why-the-mirage-2000d-r1-only-gets-v0-xy7qk6qcv57a1

3 Likes

It’s can be all T-Pod

Unfortunately i dont have proof of this being the case for other targeting pods in-game.

why does the S5 only get magic 1s stock?

Spoiler

11 Likes

I want to know why the M2k S5 is limited to 2x Magics when it was lesser (iirc) export variants that sported 4x. It already has a weaker radar that the RDY. I do not see why it would upset the BR @ 11.7 when the J8F can hold 6x pythons.

The S5 is my favorite because of that lovely desert camo. Also, the same model of my Audi.

1 Like

At what speeds and wing settings?

What year is your s5?

1 Like

2016 B8.5 black optics package

Dual clutch (manuals are so hard to find unless preordered) it’s got a sport diff like the RS with RS5 wheels currently a Stage 1 tune.

1 Like

-5F or -C-S5-2 ?

Good point with some recent additions in weaponry and vehicles. If theoretically the S5 was able to mount/fire them it should be the case in game.
Either way Python 3 is still a one flare misisle if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

What’s the claimed range of Magic 2s?
I heard 14km once, which is what WT exceeds.

Yeah, definitely one flare its a wrap and they are not as potent in rear quarters either anymore. Additionally, they seem less maneuverable from when I played them when they first came to the nets couple patches ago. They PL8s seem to hit more though…

Claimed range? Like effective range in game? IRL It got range akin to Aim9Ls, is that right boys?

Aim9Ls have way more range than in game.

Currently in game for me the Magic II is a 2km all around missile. That is my terminology of anything beyond 2km especially in a chase forget about it. It just falls out of the sky like an R60.

Even in supersonic dives anything about 2km not head on is risking it. Target has to be really low on energy.

AIM-9Ls in-game have a range of over 18km.
Are they supposed to be longer? Not that I’m aware of.
As for Magic 2, I launch it within 2.5km on the deck, but am unaware if it goes further than that largely cause I’m still working off of the mentality of get as close as possible with all missiles to bruteforce thru flares.

1 Like

They have a potential lock & launch range but will never fly that far brother in game at least. Even at high altitude. I have gotten 5km kills in a chase with the R60M at 35k+ feet. I am sure the aim9L/M can get 7km maybe? But its never going to go 18km in game.

Whether that is historical or not. I am not equipped to answer.

9Ls fly over 18km in War Thunder. I know this because I tested it.
IRL ranges are tested at over 34,000 feet and I test at 10km.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t even play with the magics. It’s strictly 2km flat or under for me. I can sling R73s and AimLs/Ms around 3.5km

You got to show me a video whenever you get the chance. I am dying to see anyone get a 18km kill.

Remember, just because a missile can technically glide 18km does not mean it’s combat effective against maneuvering supersonic fighters the entire distance it covers. There is a max range and max effective range.

I only deal in effective ranges, just to avoid any confusion. Most effective ranges for killing live opponents.

1 Like