Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

On low fuel the MLA can hit 22-24 °/s.

STR still wouldnt be the exact same at all speeds, the aircraft would remain similar but not exactly the same

I think its just a wrong graph, STR given there is barely better than the true tested 13 deg/s at 50% fuel with 2 SRAAMs at 15kft, STR would ofc be much worse at 15kft than at sea level. (which actually coincides with the Fighter Weapon Symposium graph pretty well so maybe thats not far off)

STR from this graph goes beyond mach 1, they appear to look the same as the Tornado manual comparison in terms of curve. It’s possible the Tornado manual is discussing an earlier model with worse engine as well.

Hard to say since the symposium says incorrect thrust values (somewhere between early M2K and M53-P2 model thrust values)… Who knows how accurate the symposium is.

yeah symposium is also off by about 1 degree per second performance wise

Curve is more steep in the fighter symposium the Tornado manual is literally a flat line, and while it could be an earlier Mirage 2000 I doubt turnrate would have degraded so much and the fact remains the graph’s line is far too flat

I don’t think it being flat is a red flag.

@MiG_23M what’s left to be done for the magic 2 performance in wt.

Hello,

None of this is 100% confirmed, but we know the following;
Overload increase to 50G.
Guidance delay reduced to 0.2s or less (likely 0.15, similar to R-73).
Proximity fuse activation time reduced to 1.2s or less.
Seeker lock-on range increased slightly.
IRCCM improved (reduced gateWidth FoV, as well as the same flare decoy rejection as AIM-9M).
Currently FoV is same as R-73 (0.75 degrees). Should be reduced to ~0.46 if I recall.

Not to mention currently it only does 35G at approximately 2 mach missile speed, it should be able to do the full 50G at just 1.25 mach (off the rail if flying at 1.25 mach ASL).

I might be missing a few more things, but I think that’s all we can “prove” for now. Investigating burn time further at the moment.

1 Like

Is there a source to supporto the 50G claim

The same source as these reports;

Although I did not do these reports. I only did the IRCCM reports, and my sources are attached;
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/98dDhpdb6mJt

The magic 2 incorporated new sensors and guidance system that allows the missile not only to stabilize itself in roll, but to do so in relation to target vector. This allows it to maintain the combined plane angle to maneuver towards target at all times.

2 Likes

I think your original report also mentioned the missile being able to track against the sun.

I couldn’t find solid evidence of this, only that it has some degree of resistance to the sun (we don’t know how much). The minimum distance to the sun angle might be reduced if we make mention of it, but I don’t think it has 100% impunity against the solar radiation.

1 Like

What about the guidance delay and proxy activation.
Is there a report on these?

I’ve been told it was internally reported already when I inquired… hence why I haven’t made my own report.

At least some sources have been provided to mods ot they have sources about it

So when a report has a name but no hypertext link its basically an internal report yes?

I hope they approve those Infos on the magic 2, instead of leaving It behind, like they did with the Red tops and the sraam.

1 Like

Tech moderators sometimes make their own reports, so in these cases if I also make the same report it’s simply marked “duplicate”… and there is no need for us to do that if it’s already internally acknowledged and on the to-do list…

Tech moderators essentially directly forward their own reports, it’s not necessary for them to submit it on the community site.

Have they fixed the radar yet?

No, but they gave M2K the ability to slew radar with the HMS on dev server I think

Isn’t the ability to lock the radar with HMS kind of a mute feature on a broken radar? I lose lock to the most simple of maneuvers, like an aileron roll :^/