Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Yes, there’s a report on it. It’s the last missing piece before the plane is ready for fox 3 combat.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/kanI2tRnahwn

3 Likes

Bet ya all ya want it’ll come with the december update with Maw, MICA and totally fixed Magic 2 not sooner.

1 Like

Remember when the Mirage 2000 came into the game and couldn’t even surpass Mach 1.04 without breaking its wings from overspeeding at sea level? Now, we have an actual monster on our hands. It’s crazy how much the M2K and its armament were nerfed all this time.

1 Like

French stuff overall came nerfed in game like i played F1C recently this thing now hold its BR quite well compared to when it was released + look at all the changes Magic 2s went throug and its still not finished

1 Like

The plane which: was too heavy, had missing combat flaps, an awful rudder, had even worse radar missiles than they are currently. All of that (and more) not fixed before release. So they gave it gimped Magic 2s while thinking they’re implemented correctly, instead of correcting the issues.
Well, it turned out to be a good tradeoff for the future

1 Like

That’s why the thread and this community are necessary

6 Likes

It seems to me that the quality of the IR mode has improved in the CLDP module. Is that true?

Currently it has 3rd gen thermals now, yes. It seems to be a mistake.

2 Likes

Why do you think so?

If you look at the IR mode image quality in this video (and take into account the poor recording quality),
https://youtu.be/3cXlqfneE9c?feature=shared (06:20)
You can see that the IR mode can be quite clear and sharp.

Spoiler

(If the recording quality was higher, I think the quality would be comparable to the IR image of the 3rd gen. in the game.)

All objects on the ground can be distinguished without much difficulty, and they remain of sufficient quality. In the previous version of CLDP in the game, the image quality was rather blurry and did not allow one to fully find targets from a long distance.

First off, nice find for the video. Second, multiple sources state first gen thermals for the CLDP. Third, your video demonstrates that it is incapable of providing the ability to discern objects instead of one big blob.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1116789619724406824/1174592200433221732/thermal.png?ex=6568273b&is=6555b23b&hm=5634d3397bfa08389d2492b66adce2c6fd304efdd16fe2586f1dcbc19fbd3df7&

2 Likes

My F1C and F1CT seems to have a better turning performance than the M2K5F, anyone else experience this or am I going insane?

no.

at 06:05, the silhouettes of cars are clearly visible at the bottom left. Apparently, in this case, not the largest zoom was used. Overall, the image is sharper and more contrasty, with more detail than what was previously seen in the game in previous versions, even if the details of the vehicles themselves are still hard to discern. Again, in my opinion, if the video was recorded in better quality, the image would also be clearer. In my opinion, the current level of CLDP IR imaging is quite consistent with this video. I hope the developers don’t ruin this, because… Mirage still doesn’t have any imbalanced assault potential for 11.3.

4 days ago I took measurements using wtrti and according to my data, F1 loses in a stable turn to F4 FG1, MiG23, 2000D and is quite a bit better than F4S.

Spoiler

on the left - without flaps, in the middle - the first flap position, on the right - maximum speed.
from top to bottom: F1, 23ML, F4S, F4 FG, 2000D

I don’t know, maybe they changed something during these 4 days…

I’m surprised the M23 is a better sustained turn rate than the 2000D. I would have expected the FBW, high trust and leading edge slats to outperform the M23

1 Like

The MiG-23MLA (and I am guessing the ML) is completely cracked right now. It outrates the F-16.

1 Like

Nothing can best out Bias

For F-16 to out rate planes ,it needs to have speed between 600kph to 700 kph , do it and nothing can outrate F-16

1 Like

Could test this, I was surprised to find out MiG-23ML+ out-rates the MiG-29 series (even 9-12G).

you guys should remember , every plane has a speed for rate fight , in F-16 you can rate fight everybody with impunity and win every time and they can do nothing

I’ll believe it after testing, not on anyone’s word.