Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

Mirage G still is a Fighter

1 Like

Reported the proxy fuze bug since no one else seems to have done that
https://streamable.com/65neh5

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/AUlm7HJNifzL

2 Likes

Magic has an activation time, that seemed like a little bit of a close shot for the fuse to activate?

Checked the video without slow-mo, 1.96 seconds from launch to when it should have proxied. What’s the arming time?

1.8s

1 Like

While mirage V was a side grade of the mirage 3 the mirage F1C was an upgrade over the mirage 3 family (with a lot of things in common, most change were made in order to reduce take off speed)

However 2000 has pretty much nothing in common with other mirage delta wing: only the general design is similar. The 2000 was unstable, fitted with electrical command (FBW), use a low bypass turbofans and so on, new wings system

It is a common mistake to consider that the 2000 is an upgraded mirage 3

1 Like

2 Likes

Congrats… arming time is still 1.8s…

If I’m pointing out that the missile took 1.97s from launch to the target, am I :
A - Arguing with you that the arming time you gave is wrong?
B - Showing that this is a proxy fuze issue and not an arming time issue?

9 Likes

This has been forwarded now. Thanks for letting us know!

5 Likes

Thing is arming time of warhead starts when proxy triggers. When you launch the missile warhead isn’t activated after you launch otherwise you’d risk killing yoself so as i see in this scenario the proxy fuse as the missile approached the plane must have started the countdown but anyway it had been flared so if anything considering where the missile might have gone after being flared it should have explosed near you and maybe hurting/killing you so in this peculiar case be happy. Also it does seem that a flared missile gets its proxy fuze delay rested as yeah it should have kill the plane but last moment the missile was flared and if my theory is right this is what caused you to miss the kill not the delay itself.

You can see the shining of the rocket motor on the wing…
Flares were not the issue here I’d say.
I’ve had R-60M flying right past aircraft that did not deploy countermeasures while I was close enough for rendering not to be an issue.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen so many falsehoods and nonsense in 1 post on the forum

1 Like

I’ve never seen so much salt in one post. Even germany mains would be embarassed.

arming time of warhead starts when proxy triggers

in this scenario the proxy fuse as the missile approached the plane must have started the countdown

it should have explosed near you and maybe hurting/killing you so in this peculiar case be happy

a flared missile gets its proxy fuze delay rested (reset?)

the missile was flared

Honestly your post should be a copypasta, thanks for the laugh

i said redesigned.
redesign requires you to change the structure of an object while keeping some original aspects of it.

In that sense the Mirage 2000 is an entirely new fighter with a completely different base structure and while sharing lineage in the fact that it’s a delta just like the Mirage III… it improves on it in every possible aspect for the role it was made for.

agreed that it is a new fighter but the lineage cannot be denied. im prepared to accept whatever though as this is mere semantics imo

Hi!

Magic 2 lacks resistance against countermeasures // Gaijin.net // Issues

Did it effectively got fixed?

Are any of the missiles for the mirage 2k actually working? Just had a magic fail in a tail chase, and a 530 just explode on launch.