Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

So they might be working on it I guess. We are being heard. Probably not, but I am ready to eat my words

Is there some ability to use 530D with TWS? I just tested and it seems all aircraft with TWS can fire SARHs but not guide them in fully.

In reality 2000 can fire 530D in TWS, then it will switch to STT automatically

3 Likes

Interesting, do you know if it switches to STT under certain conditions i.e. 2km, 5km, etc. from the target?

No

1 Like

right now it doesnt matter what happens after you fire it in tws even if you switch to a hard lock in trk or trk pd it will explode

1 Like

Yeah, even the data-linked R-27 refuses to track after getting a solid lock.

1 Like

It goes into STT immediately after being fired, so it doesn’t guide on TWS. This allows you to hold off on radar locking target before spooling up missile, so there’s less time for enemy target to react.

1 Like

Well, the one in Italy is an F3 currently.

yeh would be nice if they made it automatic tho and it sucks not having tws pd yet so its just stuck on shitty hdn and you have to again switch to pd trk

1 Like

There’s a big issue going on with this plane, and it’s the consultant we have for our tech tree. They have refused to join the french tech tree discord server to help fix the plane, and make use of our vast 100GB mega folder archive FOR FREE. It is where I obtain all sources to fix this plane. We were willing to do their job for them. Italian server has a deal going on with the Italian consultant in the same way.

The F-4J, Mig-29, F-16C, and J-8F have all came to the game with helmet-mounted sight available. Mirage 2000-5F didn’t, and despite a report being put in the very same week of first dev server, it still has not had it yet. This is what happens when devs do not get the correct information the first time around.

8 Likes

I do hope that there is some sort of improvement for the 2000-5F due to the upcoming patch. Do not see how this will be competitive at all with the MiG-29SMT or (wrongly named) F-16 Block 50. It already struggles now from my experience against the F-14A/B, MiG-29A, and F-16A/ADF.

I really do not see how French aviation could get out of this pit without:

A- Buffing and actually fixing the 2000-5F, its armaments Cough Magic II Cough, and Radar
B- Introducing an early version of the Rafale or even the Mirage 4000

In which due to how Gaijin treats this tech tree we might see the fixes by the time that the F-22/SU-57 is in game. It is completely unacceptable how long it takes to get things fixed for this tech tree, like how long it took for the Mirage 3E or F1 to be actually usable as both were DOA (1-2 years). Wish that they would react like they did with the MiG-29A and adding R-27ERs very soon after it was implemented in the game due to its “poor” performance (1-2 weeks).

7 Likes

It certainly won’t be in the current state of things.

My only problem with this is they’ll bungle those planes just like the current M2K-5F. Rafale has even less information available than the M2K. So the optimal solution is for them to just fix things.

How they treated that plane in contrast to the M2K now is ridiculous. They put out two devblogs just fkr that plane, telling the community that they’ll fix the Mig-29.

https://forum.warthunder.com/t/fix-the-mirage-2000-5f/22300/9

3 Likes

You actually have to switch two times to get to PD TRK

Its sometimes the reason why I lose lock, because I’m going into TRK PD HDN, then switching to TRK, then trying to switch again to TRK PD. And if the target is chaffing while on TRK mode, you’re screwed.

3 Likes

RWR for M2K updated once again, includes warning for when plane is being tracked.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1148634235666714714/Updated.jpg

Even tells you when enemy has launched
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/873989469924122624/1148635985127678012/LAUNCH.jpg

7 Likes

That’s good, at least we can go defensive far more realistically.

1 Like

Yes, and it also hints that MAWS is not too far behind, as they’re setting up the RWR suite necessary to make MAWS a thing,

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/873989469924122624/1148636816996569159/RWRSuite.jpg

It’ll make setting up all of the Rafale’s internal sensors and SPECTRA suite even easier to model

3 Likes

True

1 Like

Damn, they still haven’t changed the rwr to the serval?

they did