Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

He said that it’s still not implemented yet ^^"

Well implementation and passing for consideration are two different things. Sure it’s not been changed but we have passed it on.

2 Likes

And thanks for that, now we will have to await the diligency of Gaijin about implementing it ASAP to be competitive against R-73

1 Like

No there has been a misunderstanding i meant what i said i jumped to this conclusion because usually when a report is forwarded usually the issue is closed and the mod examinating the report usually drops a message with “report forwarde” or something while this one stayed open so i thought the issue has just been recognized but not yet passed

Btw @Gunjob do you know about anything related to the discussions about Magic 2 real maneuverability because from the two reports that i have seen for the moment sources are clear about the subject that Magic 2 had better maneuverability (this one Community Bug Reporting System) and that it was achieved thanks to a peculiar system that Magic 2 had that magic 1 didn’t have which is the back fins of the missile rotates on an axis ( showed and explained here Community Bug Reporting System) and both reports have been closed while sources were official material. What kind of source, if we submitted a new reports with all the sources of both the reports, should be added for the devs to consider the maneuverability increase and not deny it once again?

The tail rotates to avoid roll interference. The AIM-9 installs rollerons and is roll stabilized to avoid this. Just a different method of avoiding roll interference.

However, it helps since the missile actively rolls to maneuver in combined plane. This is just something gaijin doesn’t think is true because we do not have a primary source at this time.

What logic is that supposed to be?

Talking about wether missiles saw combat or not is laughable.
AIM-X got flared by a SU-22 once, does that mean it would be a one flare missile in game?
-Of course not.

MICA is more advanced than R-73 in range and IRCCM.
Why is there talk about AIM-7R when it is not needed in game?
There were compatability issues with previous AIM-7 rails by the way.
Was AIM-7R not also supposed to be a FOX-3?
Further developement was cancelled due to AIM-120 which we will get soon…
Fixed Super 530D and Magic 2 would keep the M2K in the game, that woulb be very nice.

Hello, different subject

Flares/chaff

I was wondering if the mirage 2000s shouldn’t be using high Caliber flare chaff as it seems their tube are quite larger than the standard tube found on jaguar and mirage F1

Also is that normal that the 2000D with more flare dispenser has less flare count? (88 vs 90)

Finally are we sure that the flares are fired 2 by 2 when used from the left and right dispenser below the engine?
I thought that the flares on the mirage were specifically designed for the aircraft

Super 530D capability on the mirage 2000-5F:

While digging on the plane information, more specifically the super 530D compatibility with the RDY radar, I found this website https://www.aicprat.fr/ maybe they’ll have released documentation about RDY and RDI radar.

Also I’m pretty convinced that wiring to use the super 530d on the 5F was removed from the pylon as it went from a missile pylon to a wet pylon

from what i heard buyers were suppose to be able to retro fit the 530d to their m2k5f so they could use their left overs i dont think anyone did though

None of them did, because none of exported M2k-5 and M2k-9 countries used Super 530D prior to buying M2k-5/-9

Did tests on dev server comparing IRCCM on Magic 2, Mistral and R-73

Result, R-73 with single-spectrum seeker has better IRCCM than Magic 2/Mistral with dual-spectrum seeker))))

1 Like

by their i was meaning France’s but idk for sure that’s just what i heard

From what i know, remainning Super 530D in service at this time were kept only for the 36 Mirage 2000C-S5-2 which remainned in service until 23/06/2022.

i honestly have no idea

Cmon Gaijin, you can do that! I believe in you!

Spoiler

You were able to fire in TWS?

Timestamp: 48:35

1 Like

In-game Mirage 2000D is using 88 large caliber flares. Mirage 2000C and 2000-5 has 90 small caliber flares.

They intentionally gave Mirage 2000D large caliber flares so it wouldn’t have a lot more in terms of small caliber CMs.

Devs also acknlowedge that more countermeasures are missing similar to the Tornado situation.

Yes, but radar don’t change mode on PD