Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

The documents on I-HAWK actually explicitly state 14G per plane and 19.8G combined is what it was designed for. The autopilot can command up to 20G and maneuvers in X plane, but can switch to single plane as required.

impressive that it got acknowledged in 6 hours ^^

2 Likes

Passed reports:

Missing AoA indicator and clock on Mirage 2000-5F HUD // Gaijin.net // Issues
Thanks to @Pandemonica__

Mirage 2000s wrong flares release pattern // Gaijin.net // Issues
Thanks to @Zayf

27 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/1qgv9O2lTJQL
Incorrect visual model of Eclair-M

Now that devs are configuring aircrafts to have countermeasures by what is visually shown, it is more important to have the visual model corrected.

Jaguar

The circled red box should be of a 3 by 6 row of regular caliber instead of a 2x4 large caliber

14 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/vMNJYQ2jbACd
Mirage 2000-5F should only have 6 air to air missiles in total.

5 Likes

Oh boy, is this really true?

It’s totally my opinion but i think it always was a way to balance the mirage the way they gave it 2 magic with 6 mica.

With that it will really make mirage fall high from how good it was with 8 missiles, especially when every other aircraft at 13.7 br have mostly 8 missiles and that mica really is good only as close range when 50% of the kills of the game will be with aim120, it would clearly make the belgium f16 way better than him.

Only 6 mica is both too weak for 13.7 and still too strong for 13.3.

Top tier air is already not the funniest thing but now will just make things even worst, magic 2 was really handy in some situation as the way the mica can behave even at close range (even at 10km had a weird encounter where somehow mica failed to hit when the target couldn’t hide as the su27 was too high and didn’t turn that much while i had an hard lock on him and yeah i launched my missile with way enough speed)
I had so much bad times that it was way easier for me to grind the air event and fight fox 3 with mirage 4000 than with 2000-5f.

What i mean is that i love my mica but even in the situation it’s supposed to be a beast it can really dissapoint when even magic 2 that at times just don’t have enough energy to follow target/go for flare for some reason will still 75% of the time do his job.
It’s already quite restricted to use thr mica but now it will be terrible with no magic 2 as backup.

I totally respect your opinion and understand you want the games to be as realistic as possible, and thanks you again for taking so much time to do those reports.
I don’t have that much against reports like that which downgrade the vehicle slightly but it’s probably the first one i really care a bit.

Sorry in advance.

6 Likes

I completely agree, one thing with the 2K-5F is that part of it is held up simply by its missiles, having the 2 backup Magic’s can come in handy when the MICA’s fall flat (im saying this despite the fact i dont like the Magic II that much), but having them even though they are only two missiles makes the jet more balanced in the BR.

1 Like

Over all I prefer the irl coolfactor with 6 mica + 2 underwing drop tanks instead of 6 mica + 2 magic. Its also not like mirage 2000 will suddenly struggle with 6 missiles when most of the top tier carry the exact same amount of missiles (F-16, JAS39, MiG-29). Of course we have some exceptions with heavy air superiority fighters such as F-15 and Su-27 but these are heavy fighters for a reason while Mirage has always been a light fighter.

Also worth noting is that current Mirage 2000-5F surpasses early Rafales in capabilities so toning it down a little would give more meaning to future development jump to Rafales.

2 Likes

Probably when the MICA IR arrived in Live Server, they would remove the Magic II compability with 6 MICA. I guess this is why now they still keep several Mirage 2000 historical capabilities because from what I see, the balancing factor is how the average top tier aircraft perform, this is why F-15 still don’t have its 20% Missing Thrust, and Su-27 still aren’t supermaneuverable.

A lot of people would really disagree with this, again this is based from my “Vibe” on War Thunder balancing.

Because, I’d remember when the -5F is literally don’t have any much different than the C-S5, one of its redeeming factor to be unique is it can carry gunpod without added weight into it, just like the D Variant. But it was patched out when -5F got its 4 Magic II, iirc.

1 Like

Yeah, add MICA -IR and put 13.7 ^^"
While having no Rafale in the meantime.(sad part but will be tru by the way Gaijin act over frenchies, always being last in everything)

1 Like

Too many posts here for me to reply individually, so I’ll just reply to the general points that had been made.

Yes, it’ll suck having the 530D pylons removed for air to air usage especially with how the current MICA and Magic 2s are modeled. I have asked for reports on the MICA’s range and the missing countermeasures to be implemented alongside the reduced missile counts rather than just reducing the missile count and ignoring other historical reports.

However, the current implementation of the Mirage 2000-5F has always been problematic as it left little room for the early Rafales as @Texas_Engineer_Mike pointed out.

The Rafale F1 lacks OSF/IRST, has less countermeasures than M2K, has only 6 missiles and no air to ground capabilities.

For the Mirage 2000-5F to outclass it by already having MAWS, 8 missiles, air-to-ground capabilities and more countermeasures leaves little room for such an addition.

This does a disservice to the Rafale and the M2K both.

I would keep in mind that the M2K-5F still has many areas where it can be improved on in order to keep it competitive. Most players do not regard the Su-27SM as better than the Gripen for example even though Gripen cannot carry 6 fox-3s, so there’s ways to be more competitive outside of missile counts.

12 Likes

They don’t know that the R-73 & Magic 2 are underperforming in IRCCM simply because the iFoV used is arbitrary from the devs for balance currently. @k_stepanovich wasn’t even aware that there were missiles with lower FoV’s when he made the excuse that it was a game limitation rather than them just intentionally nerfing the missiles. Previously he had claimed that the R-73 had superior IRCCM to the AIM-9M.

Anyhow, correcting the current fox-2’s would probably ruin some balancing we have currently. (Cough cough, Mirage F1)…

Mirage F1’s should have only Magic 1 anyway. Its for the better for both Mirage players and their enemies

Not only that, but that IFOV as it works right now operates as “reduce FoV after missile has been launched” rather than reducing IFOV upon lock-on. So aircrafts with 200+ flares can immediately render these missiles useless by pre-flaring anytime a Magic 2 or R-73 carrier is within their vicinity or they’re near the combat area.

10 Likes

I’ve been told it is an unusual request for a missile to be removed from an aircraft after it has been implemented onto the live server. That it has never been done before. Makes the matter even more complicated that the Mirage F1 premium has Magic 2s.

1 Like

no,… Mirage F1 not having Magic-2 would then be stuck at 11.0/10.7, were Mirage 3E is already a better choice,…

Mirage F1 having Magic-2 makes it a 12.0 aircraft and it’s basically fine at that area of the game,… fighting aircraft with Enough Flare numbers.

Flight model wise, Mirage F1 is tough for new players, but seasonned ones are capable of doing good stuff.

That isn’t true, the F1 has an MTI radar with up to three radar homing missiles and a lot more countermeasures. There is a tradeoff, and it is good to have variety.

3 Likes

MTI doesn’t help guiding S.530F

S.530F barely are on par with similar AIM-7E2

R.530E is my usual secondary missile as you can fake a Magic-2 launch ^^
but usually, Mirage F1 is outclassed by the 12.3 AIM-7F and 13.0 AIM-7M,…

yet, having it fighting lower BR with only Magic-1 will only makes it painful to play.

1 Like

Remove the Magic 2 and suddenly the SARH ordnance is on par with other aircraft. Look at the MiG-23M’s R-23R at 11.3, it is on par or inferior to the Super 530F.

Moving it to a lower BR such as 11.3 with magic 1 will make it on par with most other 11.3 aircraft and enjoyable to play. Unlike the MiG-23M it has hundreds of CM’s.

I honestly don’t know where you get that notion that it would suffer.

1 Like