Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

They do. Mirage 2000Ds, Mirage 2000C-S5, Mirage 2000-5F, Rafales. They’re very visible. Anything that has something like this by the tail of engine uses Spirale.

2000c_detail_27

In the case of Rafale, it’s more conformed to the airframe but it is still there.

9 Likes

Okay ty for clarifying, I misunderstood what you told me in PM. Will update the report.

2 Likes

Missing TopOwl-F HMD for Mirage 2000-5F
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ukI8Zw7Sot0l

Given that the current TopOwl display is now implemented for Tiger HAD on dev-server, it has been recommended for the Mirage 2000-5F

14 Likes

@Hannut59267 I haven’t forgotten about you, I’ll see about investigating the arcade FM this weekend.

1 Like

MAWS on the Mirage 2000 series should not have false alarms.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/9phUUFylTpH5

MAWS on the Mirage 2000 should filter out flares, burning wrecks. The MAWS is even smart enough to filter out non-threatening missiles by observing their trajectories.

20 Likes

Hope this come soon, the generic one in sim is really annoying

6 Likes

at best its useless and at worst it wastes all of your countermeasures right now…

4 Likes

Do we think that if the TopOwl-F gets added 2K it will lead to the 2K-5F’s pilot model visually having the TO-F. That would be a very nice detail.

5 Likes

Jaguar G.R. Mk. 1A:
New loadouts:
8x 540 lbs M.C. Mk. 1 (No. 118)
Large chaff-only countermeasures

All Jaguar now got an Extra Chaff Pod, including Jaguar GR.1 that don’t have flares.

This should be also sufficient reason buff Mirage 2000 and Mirage 4000 missing seperate chaff countermeasure.

8 Likes

Is that the Phimat pod exclusive to the the British Jaguars or are they allowing the French to use it as well? They could also add the countermeasure dispenser that replaced the drag chute if they really wanted to keep going. Shame it seems that most other jets are getting their CMs figured out before the Mirages.

1 Like

He clearly said that ALL JAGUAR are getting them

3 Likes

Currently for now, from what I read in the Datamine, only the Jaguar and Belgian F-16A that currently got extra countermeasure pod.

I read a rumour somewhere that Magic II’s 50 G at mach 1 is classified and that is the reason Gaijin doesn’t add it yet. Is it true?

you prob read that on discord and the guy was talking about mica

it’s also a possibility, for a 1986 missile, knowing that French Laws upon Military is requiring a minimu of 50 years of classified status. (2024 → 2036 : 12 years left)

@Texas_Engineer_Mike : that possiblity is real though

Magic 2s doing 50G at Mach 1.25 is simply just because dual plane is not a thing in-game yet, that’s all. There are no other roadblocks preventing it from being reported or implemented.

1 Like

Which is funny because I-Hawk is using combined overload values right now.

2 Likes

That would be hard to believe since the HAWK document states overload was increased from 12Gs to 20Gs. That would imply single plane since even AIM-9B had done 12Gs and is a much older missile. Also, the design limitation of the missile as stated on page 6 of the document states 26G overload to account for “worst case of G and elevon loads” implying that the missile is very much capable of greater than 20Gs.

1 Like

The available AoA of the I-HAWK is not possible without obscuring one of the control surfaces in single plane. Similar to the AIM-54, the only way it has the turn radius and AoA capability mentioned in documentation is with X plane maneuvering where one of the control surfaces is not obscured by the body at AoA.

It is not possible for the HAWK or Phoenix to use single plane and simultaneously pull as hard as they should in documents.

2 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/3I3a934qrKOo
Disparity in the Mirage 2000’s Arcade flight model

Realistic Controls:

Su-27: 12G sustained
F-14A: 10G sustained
Mirage 2000: 11G sustained

Arcade Controls:

Su-27: 15G sustained (+3)
F-14: 12G sustained (+2)
Mirage 2000: 9G sustained (-2)

@Hannut59267