Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

I quite often have Derby’s literal milliseconds from hitting chaffed, like to the point where the radar can only see the jet but still gets defeated.

1 Like

I don’t have any active or upcoming reports

1 Like

fully agree, i liked the old FM better, it was up to the player to decide if he wanted more AOA or if he wanted to be rate-fighting, now your AOA is way too dependent on whether or not wing slats are out or not and the plane seriously struggles to slow down, this is especially noticeable on the 2000C because it doesn’t carry as much weight overall as the 2000-5

If you come in too hot in the merge you’ll spend a considerable amount of time slowing down to a decent dogfighting speed EVEN with airbrakes out, this was completely unheard of before

3 Likes

Yeah, it heavily affected the Mirage 2000C since in that BR Range still require to dogfight your most opponent in order to get a kill, in before FM Change, I easily won up most of the dogfight every match, now I need to carefully turn so my aircraft not bleeding so much speed while also getting on their six quickly.

This is however in Mirage 4000, don’t suffer that much because it still retain Mirage 2000’s Old FM but suffer in its BR Range since 13.0 got easily uptiered to 13.7.

I hope the next FM would fix the overperforming energy retention, of course good energy retention means you can literally outrun and outturn everything as long you maintain above Mach 1 speed, but in a late game that really relies on dogfighting again, it suffers from overperforming energy retention.

Agree, current FM is mix of F-16 and F-5 performance, while for -5F it don’t suffer from the new FM due to how current meta works (at least until late game phase), it really affected the C variant that still sitting in 12.3. I remember that in the old FM, I can literally outturn Sparrow by simply hard rolling it, now it’s literal impossible and the better option only to make an 180 turn and chaffing the incoming Sparrow.

With the 13.0 now constantly getting downtiered to high amount of F-14A IRIAF player, I’m starting to appreciate Mirage 4000 FM that still retain Mirage 2000 old FM despite having more drag than MiG-29.

3 Likes

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/25s5T0NCQntD
Magic 2 missile is missing the lead-bias feature

This feature would allow for the Magic 2 to have a better flare resistance in side-aspect shot also known as traverse attack. It would also allow for the Magic 2 to reduce the amount of distance traveled in a side-aspect shot.

16 Likes

Idk I feel like Spirale missing and all of the extra ordinance for Super Mirage and other 2000 series should be fixed first.
( Imagine though, I already love the Magic 2, it’d be even more busted if it got lead-bias lololol)

2 Likes

Well, not much else to do besides keep bug-reporting other things while we wait for them to have things fixed.

Speaking of, @Smin1080p_WT dev season is here, would you happen to know if the missing countermeasures on the M2Ks are getting fixed yet? This was that a promise from the roadmap that it would be implemented and we haven’t heard anything much for 2-3 months or so.

Link to report of missing countermeasures: Community Bug Reporting System

9 Likes

Tbh if the next update is about Hornet, I have high hope there will be more FM fix like the AoA Limit of Su-27/MiG-29 or the missing 20% thrust of F-15, it’s a perfect filler update to prepare for PESA/AESA Radar Aircraft. So I’m really looking forward for a compromise of Mirage 2000 FM, and better if also include Mirage 4000 FM.

Well, without any open reports on the M2K FM, I wouldn’t expect any update to the FM as it is currently. We might obtain more documents in the future hopefully though

2 Likes

Not important in the slightest but I think the Spirale is specific to the M2K while the pods on the M4K are the Sycomor system. But overall yeah, the bug report is still pending much like the M2K countermeasure reports. They said prior that they would come eventually much like the Tornado dedicated chaff, but it’s all talk no action as of now. Link to M4K bug report.

2 Likes

Dedicated an early dev server thread to fixing the MICA EM’s range. Included a poll within the thread, so give it a look over:

The MICA EM missile’s range deserves to be fixed - Dev Server Dance of Dragons / General Discussion - Dev Server - War Thunder — official forum

Goal should be 200 votes by end of dev-server.

17 Likes

Also, the Gripen is now getting its HMD. Mirage 2000-5F we are still waiting on it as well, for some reason

4 Likes

Different systems take different times of development

Is there a Mirage 2000-5F in Russia, Sweden or the US? I didn’t think so xD

4 Likes

It’s a HMD lol. And i believe France got this HMS before the gripen was a thing. A bit sad that the Gripen got it’s full working HMD before the Mirage in this situation

1 Like

It’s still in placeholder state from what I’m aware.

Ok, so since stuff like tigers, ah1z’s and stuff, are getting TopOwl HMD, is there a chance we can get a TopOwl HMD for Mirage 2000 5F?

2 Likes

[DEV] Mirage 2000 Spirale system missing chaff cartridges

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/IWArcrjbMJNP

18 Likes

Isn’t the D-R1 also missing chaff from the Spirale ICDs or does it kinda get buffered out by having the spine countermeasure rack?

Afaik M2K-D variants don’t use Spirale