Mirage 2000 Thread : Variants, performance, characteristics and sources

That’s what they did, and it seems to be correct:

7 Likes

Nice, thanks for the explanation.

Super 530D is really holding M2KC S4/5 back right now. Lack of PD mode.

I mean not really, what limits it is the amount of missiles it gets. Thats why it sits at 11.7. The 530D is a great missile, it can reliably hit targets especially while making high g turns.

4 Likes

Super 530D is to slow currently which forces you on the defensive to often against AIM-7 even.
Before the multipathing change you could get close to the enemy more easily and wipe the floor with them or snipe them from below. Now you have to many AIM-7s from to many angles to be as effective as it used to be.
The missile count never was an issue for me. The reduced nose authority can also be a pain and increase the duration of fights.

I’ve been playing Mirage2000D-R1 on last couple days, safe to say Aim-7F’s are nothing but dead weight for my enemies.

Its really easy to dodge them.

1 Like

Yes if you do nothing but defend. Ironically the D is the best air to air version currently because of it’s Br.
The automatic countermeasure release combined witht he ammount of missiles is the cherry on top.

I had a match recently where i had a headon with a F-14, launched my 530D slightly later and it still hit first, it may have a slightly slower acceleration but it does have a higher speed.

Not saying it can not happen but overall it is struggling a bit.

Defend? I’ve been Hunting those Sparrow spammers with my Mirage2K D-R1, 2 Magic-2’s plus 30MM gun is a quite deadly combo against fat Phantoms or anything at that br.

I also dont bother to use automatic countermeasure system, its nothing but a waste of CM, despite fought multiple opponents on multiple occasions i never managed to depleted my entire countermeasure stock.

Mirage2K’s are in very good spot and their armaments are quite strong for their Br.

D is a little handheld by it’s Br.

Because it lacks SARH missiles, thats why.

Despite lacking in built Guns and SARH missiles its quite deadly, even at 12.0-12.3 Br.

At that Br it does not need the Super 530. In many of the matches it’s in I’d say it is more efficient than the C.

Dude both Planes has very similiar Br’s and often gets into same matchmaking.

Mirage2K-C models are fine.

Not saying they are not fine but compared to a few months ago it’s a noticeable difference.

If you say so.

Any AIM 7 able to be tracked with radar or seen head on becomes a non-issue for this thing. Dodging 1, I’d say most times you can roll around their Aim 7 while having the 530D connect

I do not mind dodging but I had to face many enemeis at once recently and for that you either need a Fox-3 or R-27ER. I had to many trades with Super 530D. If I play more defensive my team is gone and I get swarmed.

But you are right dodging a single AIM-7 is not an issue. Before Seek & Destroy M2KC was much more dominant.

Well with the br changes going through, I think the C-S4/5 will still be alright at 12.3 but I think the D-R1 is officially dead in the water also being at 12.3. I loved it before having a niche being one step lower than the other two but missing the 530s, but now I don’t see any reason to play it now outside of GRB. Hilariously, if anyone checked the update datamines, the D-R1 actually went down to 8.0 in GRB for one hotfix on accident before being fixed lol.

Knowingh most 11.3 planes just got upped of one BR Mirage 2000D is technically not really in a worse pos than before + notorious buff to 2000C to be in 12.3 instead of 12.7. And for GRB Mirage 2000D is still 11.3 so it stil has the right BR for what it was made for : CAS.